Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rag week

• 17-01-2005 2:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

Anyone any idea what stuff will be on or bands will be playing over rag week?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Rag week is pretty bad in trinity when compared to other colleges. This is with the exception of the Iron Stomach Competition (That's me puking btw in the pic in that thread). They might boost up the charity end of it as a result of the tsunami disaster. But if you're lookin for a bit of fun, the iron stomach is sure thing, run by the sfsoc (of whom I have no affiliation, just one of their victims).

The official link is here: http://www.csc.tcd.ie/~sfsoc/IronStomach2004.html

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

/me blantently plugs....

www.sfsoc.com

there you go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

It's 31st Jan to 4th Feb isn't it?

I won't be here. I'll still be on placement :mad:

(My first rag week n all.... :( )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Chick wrote:
    It's 31st Jan to 4th Feb isn't it?

I won't be here. I'll still be on placement :mad:

(My first rag week n all.... :( )
    your not missing much/anything don't think i even noticed last years one passing..

I know but I want to go even more because I know I can't

• Advertisement

There's BESS day on during RAG week too. And my end of year exams. ****ers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Granted I do BESS, but is BESS and rag week not just a total contradiction in terms?

Meh, I care about neither so no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Jazz Soc are in the Buttery on the Monday, think Polar are there on Wednesday and the Revs on the Friday. BESS day is the Tuesday; attempts to get David Kitt for a gig in the Burke but last I heard it wasn't looking too good. Loads of other stuff going on though
    Granted I do BESS, but is BESS and rag week not just a total contradiction in terms?

Explain

One (for want of a better pure) embodies the essence of capitalism ie making money or at least the learning thereof. The other is (supposedly) pure charity; giving money..

For those who are unaware R.A.G. stands for "Raise A Grand", as opposed to being the common idiom for piss up.

• Advertisement

Didn't know that... making it sound all serious now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

ApeXaviour wrote:
    One (for want of a better pure) embodies the essence of capitalism ie making money or at least the learning thereof. The other is (supposedly) pure charity; giving money..

For those who are unaware R.A.G. stands for "Raise A Grand", as opposed to being the common idiom for piss up.
    I was fairly certain it was "Raising and Giving"? At least that's what the DITers and UCCers called it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Think the Revs are playing on the Friday and Goldie Lookin Chain are playing the Rag Ball though I'm not sure if the Ball's that week or not.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i can whole heartedly say that this years Iron stomach will be possiably the best ever.....

Eugh AS! So so gross!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Iron stomach, soft head

Quiet you ya neuro-cretin..

Smith, you're involved in the organisation? Can you please makesure that there is no vinegar this time to down. It did me some terrible damage last year. I'll spare you the details but it was so much so that the organisers were asking me mid-tournament if I wanted to go to the doctor.

Also when exactly is it on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Can you please makesure that there is no vinegar this time to down. It did me some terrible damage last year. I'll spare you the details but it was so much so that the organisers were asking me mid-tournament if I wanted to go to the doctor.

I reiterate my soft head comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHADHAHAHAHAHA :D

From reading this thread, it makes me feel highly reassured that i picked DIT! lol especially when the best u thing u guys hope to see on ragweek, is some fatty eatin bannanas & onions! lol :)

**eggs all the trinity headz**

DIT mystery rag trip! WAHOOOOOOOOO! suckerz :D

AlienGav wrote:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHADHAHAHAHAHA :D

From reading this thread, it makes me feel highly reassured that i picked DIT! lol especially when the best u thing u guys hope to see on ragweek, is some fatty eatin bannanas & onions! lol :)
    I'd like to point out firstly that you suck :p
    You're obviously confusing it with the puny DIT iron stomach.. which IS a bunch of fatties eating bannanas & onions :rolleyes:.

Try pounds of lard, litres of kitchen oil, gatto cake with mustard n ketchup, cat food in pita bread, chilli peppers, rice pudding with marrowfat peas and soy sauce. Try a large stage setup infront of the Camponile, with upwards of a thousand people watching you soak historic cobblestoned frontsquare in vomit.

Silly boy, don't underestimate the power of the trinity iron stomach!
    Ironstomach.jpeg
    (I love that pic :D )

• Advertisement

AlienGav wrote:
    suckerz :D
    Your car sure is.... "classy" :rolleyes:

Are you learning jive talk or sometin chick?

No just pointing out that skanger chic and boy racers aren't very tasteful.

You in that pic apex?

uhh for a stalker your not very good chick

Probably because I'm not a good one...? :(

like i said.

Chick wrote:
    No just pointing out that skanger chic and boy racers aren't very tasteful.
    Why.. because they are different? They would find your naivity, use of daddy's money, accent and pretentious clothes similarly distasteful.
    Chick wrote:
    You in that pic apex?
    Aye

he's the blonde one :p

SkyLynx wrote:
    Last edited by SkyLynx : Today at 19:05. Reason: Altered to reflect what chick ment :p
    Stop doing that it's not funny anymore :mad:
    ApeXaviour wrote:
    Why.. because they are different? They would find your naivity, use of daddy's money, accent and pretentious clothes similarly distasteful.
    Fine. It was a J-O-K-E.

• Advertisement

lol a worked up chick is well entertaining :D , must do this more often.

Advertisement