Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rag week

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

That's not the first time you've done it either, and it's not fair that you can do that. You're not supposed to edit posts that aren't abusive or anything.

Glad I'm entertaining you... :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

stargal wrote:
    attempts to get David Kitt for a gig in the Burke

Not sure if anyone else remembers\was there - but David Kitt, Damien Rice, Mundy, Damien Dempsey and Nina Hynes played an acoustic gig in the Ed Burke back in 2002 for charity (I think it might've been at the end of RAG Week). Probably the best gig College's seen in a long while. If the Kittster is back on the bill for this year I'd definitely recommend it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Chick wrote:
    Fine. It was a J-O-K-E.
    No.. it was arrogance. You think you are fundamentally better than him because of your background.

He's slagging you as well!! Trinity students! And you're sticking up for him cos I laughed at his car??

No I'm slagging you because I detest snobbery. I told him what I felt was needed and now I'm doing the same to you.
    No just pointing out that skanger chic and boy racers aren't very tasteful
    did you mean skanger chicks or skanger chíc?

• Advertisement

ApeXaviour wrote:
    No I'm slagging you because I detest snobbery. I told him what I felt was needed and now I'm doing the same to you.
    Fine by me, slag all you want. Doesn't really bother me either way. And if you think I'm a snob... That's fine too.

ApeXaviour wrote:
    did you mean skanger chicks or skanger chíc?
    I meant chíc. Didn't think it had an accent so left it out.

Chick wrote:
    And if you think I'm a snob... That's fine too.
    So you admit it?

No I didn't admit anything. I said it was ok if you think that. Think what you want, your opinion doesn't reflect on what kind of person I am?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

From reading this thread, it makes me feel highly reassured that i picked DIT!

I'm glad you're glad you went to Dublin Polytechnic. :D
    Why.. because they are different? They would find your naivity, use of daddy's money, accent and pretentious clothes similarly distasteful.

I'm not (too) naive, I don't use my daddy's money, I don't have a D4 accent (or any accent really) and I don't dress pretentiously..but I still look down on scangers. Why? Because they're scangers. If you sponge off the state, rob and harass people, walk/talk/act like a scumbag and choose to sit in your own metaphorical **** like a pig, then I'm not gonna respect you. And it's nothing to do with wealth or background, and it's not snobbery on my behalf, it's about the type of person you are.
    lol a worked up chick is well entertaining , must do this more often.

You know, for someone who's so worried about keeping the forum clean of spam and "well-moderated", you make some glaring lapses. Think about that.

Pet wrote:
    I'm not (too) naive, I don't use my daddy's money, I don't have a D4 accent (or any accent really) and I don't dress pretentiously
    But both you and apex are assuming I am/do all of those things because I don't like skangers either?
    Pet wrote:
    You know, for someone who's so worried about keeping the forum clean of spam and "well-moderated", you make some glaring lapses. Think about that.
    Nicely said

Pot...? Hi, it's kettle....You're black :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

But both you and apex are assuming I am/do all of those things because I don't like skangers either?

Actually, I haven't made any assumptions about you, just like I haven't made any about anyone else in the forum. All I know about you is that you do Nursing in Trinity, may/may not live around the D4 area, and have an iPod and an unhealthy obsession with Abercrombie and Fitch clothing. :D
    You're black
    RACIST!!!!

Pet wrote:
    I'm not (too) naive, I don't use my daddy's money, I don't have a D4 accent (or any accent really) and I don't dress pretentiously..but I still look down on scangers. Why? Because they're scangers. If you sponge off the state, rob and harass people, walk/talk/act like a scumbag and choose to sit in your own metaphorical **** like a pig, then I'm not gonna respect you. And it's nothing to do with wealth or background, and it's not snobbery on my behalf, it's about the type of person you are.
    Pet you're not a snob, I never had any inkling that you were. Chick (fair play) has called my bluff, I was saying the above mostly to wind her up.

I agree with you mostly in the above but.. I've seen the term skanger applied far more loosely than that. ie to anybody with working class accents/mannerisms/dress/jobs or boy-racer car/moped. Don't tell me you haven't noticed this. If there's one thing I can't stand is people thinking they are better than other people simply because of their "class".

I was saying the above mostly to wind her up.

Okay, that does makes a bit more sense. But really, be honest - it was hard to tell that you were joking, even I had no idea (see above).
    I've seen the term skanger applied far more loosely than that. ie to anybody with working class accents/mannerisms/dress/jobs or boy-racer car/moped.

Yeah I know what you mean, but if working class makes you a scanger, then I guess I'm a scanger too, heh. (in fact I'm a scogger - a scanger/bogger hybrid)

It is all too easy to generalise though, we TCD students would even be aware of that - you've said yourself that you don't tell your friends where you go to college because of the slagging you'd get, even though you're not the stereotypical Trinners snob. It works both ways I guess. I don't have any solutions to that and I'm guilty of it myself I'm sure - but there's nothing we can do about it.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i'm a knacker and i go to trinity....

i'm a knacker and i go to trinity....
    Killiney my arse, you're ballybrack scum through and through! :p

it was hard to tell that you were joking
    Yeah I was tryin to make it look serious so she wouldn't cop it (I realise that wasn't entirely necessary ;) )
    you've said yourself that you don't tell your friends where you go to college because of the slagging you'd get
    No my friends know I go to trin, they're my friends!
    It's mostly when I'm talking with somebody who I reckon might label me as a superior aired snob that I lie. They're so bad IMO that to me it's almost as bad to being labeled a pedophile..

AlienGav wrote:
    DIT mystery rag trip! WAHOOOOOOOOO! suckerz :D

I actually heard there might be a mystery rag trip for trinity this year. That was a few weeks ago though (when I heard)

gwan Killiney!

They're so bad IMO that to me it's almost as bad to being labeled a pedophile..

Sounds like me and my Cher cd's I keep stashed away...

*looks around furtively*

now that sounds fun......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

I actually heard there might be a mystery rag trip for trinity this year. That was a few weeks ago though (when I heard)
    i dont trust those things...i know someone who ended up in their local club (they went to college in dub but the bus took them back to naas.....it was soo funny :D )

Myself and a friend brought our class down to Kilkenny on a mystery bus trip when we finished our exams last year, was deadly! 60 of us went down, and not all of us came back (one or two ended up spending the night in a cell)

Myth wrote:
    Myself and a friend brought our class down to Kilkenny on a mystery bus trip when we finished our exams last year, was deadly! 60 of us went down, and not all of us came back (one or two ended up spending the night in a cell)
    Why do they always end up in Kilkenny? My sister went to DIT and always ended up there, without fail..

Well was originally planned for Athlone but, eh I let slip to someone a week before hand. That and its only 100 miles out of dublin, enough time for the company to get back to Naas in time for a later job. At least that's what I told them.

And tbh I hadn't heard of anyone going to Kilkenny before, was always Naas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

oh my god they Kilkenny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Pet wrote:
    well-moderated? i do believe i cleaned up AS and chick flirting across several threads because i found it painfull to read and decided i'd save everyone else the bother.
    And glaring lapses? how so?

And thinking hurts my poor brain.

SkyLynx wrote:
    well-moderated? i do believe i cleaned up AS and chick flirting across several threads because i found it painfull to read and decided i'd save everyone else the bother.
    And glaring lapses? how so?

And thinking hurts my poor brain.

Glaring lapses, if you wish me to spell them out for you, include unnecessarily abusing your moderator powers by editing Chick's posts, on several occasions, and across different threads.

Pet wrote:
    Glaring lapses, if you wish me to spell them out for you, include unnecessarily abusing your moderator powers by editing Chick's posts, on several occasions, and across different threads.
    firstly there is a difference between abuse and humourish editing...
    secondly your point was that i'm very concerned with well moderating, i don't see how thats true, i was just trying the other poor readers of this board reading all that tripe.
    editing chick's posts? i've edited one of her's that i can recall........
    edited one of kev's to take the piss(he promptly re-edited it himself)..was entertaining......
    edited dec's there 5mins ago and 10mins ago as part of a lil war apparently we have going on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

complaints have been made, and they have been rebuttled. i think we should be put it to a poll. should skylynx be dethroned? i think chick should be a mod.

• Advertisement

complaints have been made, and they have been rebuttled. i think we should be put it to a poll. should skylynx be dethroned? i think chick should be a mod.
    lol, you can complain to the me/other mods in a pm if u really have an issue....
    and chick as a mod? lol god help us all in that case........

Advertisement