Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Company confidentiality and my CV

• 17-01-2005 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Can anyone help me?

I am thinking of moving jobs and am preparing my CV. DUring the last year, I have spent the a lot of time dealing with a revenue audit. It was very difficult but was good experience. I would like to put it on my CV but don't want to betray any company confidentiality either.

Anyone know how to deal with this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Don't put any specifics really. Were you working for revenue, or was the company you were working for being audited? Try and separate the different tasks - as opposed to just "Dealt with Revenue Audit", put "Prepared company accounts", etc etc.

I'm not sure if saying that your company was audited is something confidential anyway - is the information freely available from Revenue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Spruce Moose

seamus wrote:
    Were you working for revenue, or was the company you were working for being audited?

The company I work for was selected for a revenue audit and I was selected to deal with the inspector. I was a lot of work and hard work too. I'm proud of the way I handled things. But a revenue audit has a bit of a stigma attached and I'm not sure if it's fair on the company to let it get out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Kobie

Nothing to be ashamed of in an audit - as well as going after dodgy dodgers they can just select companies to check up on at random.

But more to the point, once you've left a company you owe them nothing. You're building your own career & need to look after yourself. They're sure as hell not going to put you before their own profit margins. There's no point in you spending time on the dole because you don't want to talk about what you did in your last company in case they might be embarrased about it.

Good luck with the job hunt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

every company gets audited at some stage or another. or at least, is supposed to, so i wouldnt worry about it.

if it is in line with what you do or what you want to do (im guessing some sort of accounts) then put it down. i would have thought it would be one of the achievments you put down straight away.

now, if you put down the results of the audit, then you may be giving away company secrets....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

As mentioned a lot of companies get revenue audited. There is nothing sinister about it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement