Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolate Biscuit Cake

• 17-01-2005 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

has anyone been to the bakery in temple bar in the last while? They sell chocolate biscuit cake, and it is easily the most delish chocolate related food stuff...ever! I would have generally one each week day and two on fridays! But I wanted everyone to know about it...with something so amazing the word should be spread round!

Jeanie :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

My granny used to make chocolate biscuit cake. By god it was good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Biscuit CAKE is good ok, but wrong forum.

Moved to Cake/Pie section

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Gossip_girl

I love the stuff. But only if it's got a good coating of chocolate cause otherwise it just falls apart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Jeanie

Exactly, and if theres too much biscuit in comparison with the chocolate, its just not the same either. some places just dont get it right. same with chocolate caramel slices...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

uummm *goes looking for chocolate biscuit cake*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

hey whats the price range for this in temple bar??

my mate nan used to make it but my mate moved away years ago haven't had it since

I know what your saying about caramel squares. It's either way too much crumbly shortbread buiscuit base, too much goey/sugary caramel(quite often the part they get the most wrong :mad: ) or not enough chocolate. I really think someone should teach people how to make these properly. The only place I've ever got a really good one was in a bakery in Cashel and it was great value too. :D Wish I could go back again........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Jeanie

choccy biscuit cake in the bakery is €1.45...worth every penny. its just amazing!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

a bakery in Cashel and it was great value too. :D Wish I could go back again........

You know just because Cashel is bypassed, it hasn't disappeared off the map completely ;)

jk

You know just because Cashel is bypassed, it hasn't disappeared off the map completely ;)

I know that. I just mean that I'm so busy and broke I won't be able to visit again for ages. I just remembered the name of the bakery as well, for anyone who's intrested. It was the bake house on the main street in Cashel. It was a small bakery downstairs with a restraunt/cafe thing upstairs selling all the things they made. Bread cakes etc. were all exceptionally reasonable. Would recomend it to all. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

woosaysdan wrote:
    uummm *goes looking for chocolate biscuit cake*

The sound of that makes my mouth water! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Licks lips eagerly!!

"Mummy, please please please make me some biscuit cake...... I love ya and all that sh!te..... please make some!!!!" **Gets down on knees and begs**

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

a friend of mine made his own wedding cake, and it was a chocolate biscuit cake. it was amazing! soooo gooood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭curliq

javaholics do a great one. HUGE and comes with alittle pot of cream for dipping. oooooooooh *drools*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I wonder how damaging drool is to your keyboard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭curliq

judgin by the current looks of mine, it's pretty manageable! just a bit wet

Advertisement