Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rear Wiper

Options
  • 17-01-2005 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if testers check wipers when doing the test.. my rear one has started playing up on me and won't work and my test is in 3 hours!! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

Yip - they test them alright. My friends immaculate '97 Carina E failed because the wiper linkages were worn...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

:( me goes off to try and get them fixed so

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

What if your car doesn't have any? :D

How can testers fail a car for a non-essential feature? I thought the NCT was like the French CT or the English MOT, wherein only features and components relating to the driving aptitude of the car are tested (i.e. the 'important' ones: brakes, tyres, emissions, headlights, windshield... everything you need to not be a danger to others in any way)... Are we saying they'd refuse the NCT to a car which cassette player is knackered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭daggeredge

If you meant the NCT yes they do
    If you mean the driving license test they didn't for me (twice)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Ambro - I think if it is present then it must work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

talk about stoopid! :confused: Wonder if my novelty 'detector' has to work, then... :D

Me wonders increasingly at the wisdom behind the amount of Irish jokes liberally proferred by the Brits... - only kidding lads! Us Frogs have exactly the same jokes for our Belgian neighbours, hahaha :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

It's sorted now anyway.. don't even ask me what was wrong:confused:

Now i have to focus on ****ting myself before the test:eek::D

Advertisement