Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Band related Tattoos

Options
  • 17-01-2005 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

The missus recently got a band related tattoo, the tats nice, suits hers an all, but what if she doesn't like the band in 5, 10 years time.She more than likely will but you never know, anyway what do you think of band related tattoos?, what ones do you have?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

I've a portait of Kurt Cobain on the left side of my chest, I like it and I wont regret it. His music brought me great relief through the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭ether

I like the one Flea from RHCP has of Hendrix.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

"Starland Vocal Band?! They suck!".

It's not something I'd ever seriously consider. I mean imagine waking up with an Oasis tattoo on your arm (yes, I used to be mad into them... :/).

I wouldn't get one, maybe a design based on the band like the yellow submarine if you were mad into the beatles, but not anything directly related to a band like their name or logo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

well i know this guy who has the whole of his upper back in a metallica tattoo looks cool on a poster not to sure as a tattoo... the thing is if it means alot to her maybe if she doesn't like them in said years she will still like the memorie of who she was when she got it done...
    by the by each to their own..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭s8n

whos the band she got done???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Skellington

each tattoo tells a story. who you were, what you did, good/bad times...
    even if she doesnt like the band or the tat in a few years, so what, it'll still be a reminder of good times gone by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Cat O'Nine Tail

s8n wrote:
    whos the band she got done???

I'm Ether's 'missus', and the tatt that he's on about is my 'Korn' tattoo on my lower back, just above my butt.

I got it done for various personal reasons, and somehow, I can't see myself not liking them in 5/10 years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

the therapy? little face thing might be a good one to get, or the HIM heartagram, just cos they're cool logo's. They're a bit cringe though I never would. If you were IN the band they'd be great idea

europeantour2001_04.jpg

tattoo5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

I have some band lyrics as part of one of my tattoos, and I'll probably get more by other bands at some point in the future. But I would never get a band name tattooed on me (well, except my own band, maybe) in the foreseeable future - my tastes change too much. And bands change too much as well! I'll stick with wearing the t-shirt, as far as actual names go. But any lyrics I get as tattoos are done for the personal meaning they have for me, not because of a particular love for a band.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Band tattoos scream 'future coverup'. I know ALOT of the tattoo artists in Dublin & they've done more cover-ups of band tattoos than they know what to do with.... whenever they're asked to do one, especially if it's some recent 'in-trend' band, they'll pretty much do their best to talk you out of it... but bottom line, your skin, your cash, you live with it.....

::: ven0mous :::

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

A mate of mine in the UK was friends with a band called "The Four Kinnells" ( say it out loud) now that would be a cool tat :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭jack shictt

I know a die hard iron madien fan this years and on his back hes a massive eddie, irons madines ascot he also has the symbol on his neck, looks cool not my thing tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

i wanna get a band symbol myself not the name of the band just a logo from an album cover, i dont think ill ever regret it, wheter i like the band or not in years to come i'll still remember the **** times the music helped me through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Droogie

Especially that guy with one on the back of his head. Wonder what it'd be like to get a tat on your skull?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

ether wrote:
    Especially that guy with one on the back of his head. Wonder what it'd be like to get a tat on your skull?
    side is fine - back is nippy*
    so i'm told, anyway.

*this is my tattooist's euphemism for 'sheer ****ing agony'

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'd love to get this tattoo but fraid my arm wouldn't be big enough

here

how long would that take approx and how much would it cost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Copying other peoples tattoos aint good form tbh....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Cremo wrote:
    i'd love to get this tattoo but fraid my arm wouldn't be big enough

here

how long would that take approx and how much would it cost?

That looks like it's a branding to me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

just thought it was red ink, well it looked like that when i saw it in the flesh so to speak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Ugly Dead Boy

I have NIRVANA tattooed on my left arm, I really can't see myself ever wanting to get rid of it, it represents a tie in life as much as the band!!! I have a good few tattoos at this stage and I'll probably get a whole lot more, skull and cross bones on my calf next week, too fast to live, too young to die!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I have kind of a band related tattoo. Its not a band name or logo, but some of the artwork from the sleeve of sigur ros' album agaetis byrjun, so i know it a band related thing but to most people who see it it just looks like a bizarre angel thing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Kurt Cobain / Nirvana tattoos: *shudder*

MrJoeSoap wrote:

Nothing wrong with Kurt Cobain/Nirvana, although I'd shoot myself if I had to wake up to Courtney Love each morning.

Deadwing wrote:
    I have kind of a band related tattoo. Its not a band name or logo, but some of the artwork from the sleeve of sigur ros' album agaetis byrjun, so i know it a band related thing but to most people who see it it just looks like a bizarre angel thing :D

That's a beautiful album (and cover) good choice...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

edibility wrote:
    That's a beautiful album (and cover) good choice...
    Yeah theyre one of the best bands ive ever heard, () has some of the most beautiful music on it. Heres a (very bad quality) pic of the tattoo...looks alot better in real life lol.
    AA_0_013.JPG
    i had only just got it done at this stage..asked tattooist to take a photo for me lol..might still be some blood on my arm there, im not sure :rolleyes:

It looks pretty sweet :) nice one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

MrJoeSoap wrote:

Shudder for you but could offend someone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I have considered a tattoo for a long time but I think originality is a huge obstacle.
    My awl fella has one and he regrets it. He said that best way to describe it is as an accessory like a hat or jewellary or something, or like a particular hairstyle...it will look good at first but it won't always match everythign you wear/have.

I thought it was a great desciption to consider.

On the matter of band logos, it would have to be a really really cool logo, so that even if you stopped liking the band, it could just be passed off as a cool tattoo.

Advertisement