Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Band related Tattoos

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

I love the Misfits, and if i still love them as much as I do now by the time I'm 20-25, I would like to get the Fiend Skull tattooed on my arm.

IMO i will have loved the band for such a period of time that I deem long enough, that i will not stop liking them and will always like the Fiend Skull on my arm.

And if i stop liking them, God Forbid, it is still a cool picture!

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭ether

I love the Misfits, and if i still love them as much as I do now by the time I'm 20-25, I would like to get the Fiend Skull tattooed on my arm.

IMO i will have loved the band for such a period of time that I deem long enough, that i will not stop liking them and will always like the Fiend Skull on my arm.

And if i stop liking them, God Forbid, it is still a cool picture!

The Fiend skull is nice, reminds me of Cliff Burton.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

It would personally remind me of the 'Fits though. Or i could get the Samhain/Danzig skull which is less well known and just as sexy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

It would personally remind me of the 'Fits though. Or i could get the Samhain/Danzig skull which is less well known and just as sexy!
    Check out this guy:
    http://www.hopegallerytattoo.com/Tattoo_Galleries/tattoo_5823.html
    http://www.hopegallerytattoo.com/tattoo_galleries/tattoo_915.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

one of my mates has a massive metallica symbol across his back, it's gorgeous, he loves it, and it's the sort of thing you wouldn't know it wasn't just a random symbol unless you were into the music.
    for the same reason i want to get a blue 8ball behind my left ear (not so much t'do with metallica though..)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Cremo wrote:
    how long would that take approx and how much would it cost?

An hour possibly and about 80 euro, possibly a bit more but I wouldn't think so

Love to get a little Ramones tatt, just the hey ho seal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Fungtank

I don't think it matters if she doesn't like the band in 5 or 10 years. If the band is important enough to get a tattoo of then the band have obviously had an effect on her life. Therefore should she loose interest with the band the tattoo should reminder of the love she had and the impact this band has had on her life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

id get one done under these twocircumstances

1. (if im old enough to get a tattoo) wy personality would be,for the most part developed so itll be of a band i love and have grown up with.

2. the band is no longer together therefore they cant f uck me over by making an album i dslike or turning into something hate.
    there fore a led zeppelin, pixies, smashing pumpkins tattoo would be fine because i love those bands i love all the music they have recorded(and they are not likely to record more)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I'd get the Green Day Kerplunk! flower tattooed on either my calf or shoulder.

Flower.

• Advertisement

Nice happy sunflower. I think something off the Dookie album cover would look great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

lol...i would love to post a pic of a metallica tat to that megadeth site :eek:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

seamus wrote:
    "Starland Vocal Band?! They suck!".

It's not something I'd ever seriously consider. I mean imagine waking up with an Oasis tattoo on your arm (yes, I used to be mad into them... :/).
    This is the main reason you don't get a band/artist/girlfriend's name tattoo. Having once been a mental Oasis fan like our boy seamus, I too would be kicking myself if I'd got a tattoo of their logo or whatever cause as my taste and ability to appreciate music grew, so to did my hatred for almost every piece of work Oasis have produced ;)

If you asked me 5 years ago who my favourite band were, I'd be a different answer than you'd get now and as I listen to more and more stuff, that favourite band will always keep changing.

Fair play to whoever has one - it's a commitment I'd rather not set myself though.

Anyone have any tattoos of the Metallica ninja star? Pictures?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

ether wrote:
    Anyone have any tattoos of the Metallica ninja star? Pictures?

ROFL..good joke man. errr..it was a joke right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

http://www.metallicaworld.co.uk/metallica_tattoos.htm
    theres a few people on this site that have had it done

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Is there some kind of licensing issue on tattoos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭avatar

Gordon wrote:
    Is there some kind of licensing issue on tattoos?
    What are they gonna do? Make you take it off?

If I were getting a band tattoo, I'd get something related to them, but not necesarily the name.

For examples, The Frames 8 ball or Nirvana's dead smiley face (I'd love to get those). Since I love the pixies, I'd get the number 13 tattooed on my breast, except as a male I don't have one.

larryone wrote:
    http://www.metallicaworld.co.uk/metallica_tattoos.htm
    theres a few people on this site that have had it done

Some great Metallica tattoos on that site cheers! Check out that full back tattoo with their faces, gotta hurt, but for all that work it doesn't look great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 QueenAdreena

Well when I'm old enough I'm planning on getting the deftones panther, it's only been on like two t-shirts so no one would know what it is, otherwise it'd just be a panther, but if you were in the know... you'd know...

• Advertisement

Is that the white panther t- shirt? If your into panthers check out the pantera panther t-shirts, a proper purple pussy er cat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 QueenAdreena

yep, they have it in black and white, its coola looking...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

PunK05 wrote:
    each tattoo tells a story. who you were, what you did, good/bad times...
    even if she doesnt like the band or the tat in a few years, so what, it'll still be a reminder of good times gone by.

That's exactly what I say about them too. I believe they're more of a catalyst for evoking good memories than what you think about how it looks 10 years down the line

Has anyone seen or have a link to any tattoos of the Korn Issues doll?

Advertisement