Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

american college

Options
  • 17-01-2005 2:15pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭

hi was wondering if anyone knows where i could find out about going to college in america, also was quite concerned about how there colleges would rate our leaving cert and all that,
    any advice would be great

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

afaik
    your leaving counts simply as a high school diploma
    you sit an S.A.T. test to get a score to go to college.

google for the test and youll find lots of samples etc

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

hmm thanks,
    my problem however is actually finding where or how i could get this test done. after all it is american so i shouldnt have any problems :p

contact the american embassy.
    you can sit the test here in april. [i think]

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

ok thats great
    thanks very much :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

You should talk to your career teacher. They might be able to point you in the right direction. It'll cost you a fortune if you don't have a scholarship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

CTYI use the SAT to assess students - http://dcu.ie/ctyi/ - and they have test centres all around the country, so you could take it at one of them... and, yeah, you'll have no problems with it. :)

Advertisement