Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Students Union shop

• 17-01-2005 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

The SU shop(s) are supposed to be good value, right? Went in there this morning to pick up one of those little sleeves or folders you use to put CVs and things in (2 hard paper backs and a plastic spine). They normally cost 75 cents in Reeds on Nassau street but the SU shop is charging a whopping (kind of) 1.69 for them. I don't really call that value.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I would call a 70 pack of crisps for 55cent, a newspaper for 70 cent etc. good value though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Reads tend to undersell a lot of their items. Why I always buy my stationary there..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Reads tend to undersell a lot of their items. Why I always buy my stationary there..

Yeah, me too. Its always funny on freshers week, the place is jammed with 1st years buying a couple of tree's worth of paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

Well there was 10 A4 pads for like €6 or something :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Isn't that illegal? Any law students here?

Does underselling "a lot" of their items make much fiscal sense?

• Advertisement

Maybe not underselling as in from cost price, but certainly underselling their competitors to almost cost price. And it's a lot, not the majority, they make their money cos everybody goes there because of their deals. See what chick said, also have you seen their big ass ring-binders going for 2 euro? You can't get that anywhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

big ass ring-binders going for 2 euro? You can't get that anywhere else.

how about every other country in europe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

pfft, europe. what did europe ever do for us?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

built us all our nice roads!

how about every other country in europe?
    Kev if you want to go abroad to buy ring binders that's fine. I hope you don't mind if the rest of us have a bit of sense though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

Hey you could get one of those 50cent flights! ;)

although youd still get stung for the €27 tax...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Or just incorporate folder buying into your next trip. I'm accepting ring binder orders until 26th March. You have a choice of German, Austrian or French binders.

Advertisement