Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oujii board. Would u mess with one?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Went up in flames??? Dear god.

In fairness not that I'm doubting anyone here (but this is the internet) If even one oujii board horror story is true it gives u serious food for thought.

As for fade to grey, as Dub said science can't explain everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

ha ha ha. The ouija board took off the girl's clothes and folded them. ha ha ha.

do any of you actually believe this stuff ?

I have absolutely no problem with the story. In fact I'm more annoyed I wasn't there and blundered into her room.

But isn't that the point about oujii boards. There is always someone with a story like the girl or the board going up in flames and no one knows what to beleive. I think it's pretty cool hearing the stories.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Pal wrote:
    ha ha ha. The ouija board took off the girl's clothes and folded them. ha ha ha.

do any of you actually believe this stuff ?

yeah I do!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I think when he said it went up in flames, they threw it into the fire.

[edit]

For the most part OB's are a load of bunk. For example if you ask the spirit to only ask yes/no questions and reverse the board (while the people are blindfolded) they will still move the glass to the same spot.

Other then that I know of two other party tricks which are apprantly "Summoning demons" bunk. One of them is based on hypnosis and I am aware of how it works (Uncle was professional hypnotist, explained the basics). The other one I have never figured out how it works but it tends to scare the crap out of/confuse people. Especially if you tell them you are summoning a spirit to do it (which is bunk).

I'll write it out in this thread later if anyone wants to try. :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

and i think we should have a ouiji board in the pub when im over next!

hmm actually that is an interesting idea...a large group OB party :p I'd love to see you's at it...would be quite entertaining me thinks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭HarryD

I have absolutely no belief in such things as spirits/ghosts/afterlife etc. science answers all my questions. we are biological beings, our functions are all explored and explained in thousands of books. We dont have souls, emotions are merely chemical patterns, and imagination is our only toy, but it is just the ability to create absurd ideas in our minds.

Me too, however I took part in several attempts years ago
    with my good friend, and none worked until we tried it in a graveyard.
    At the time I fully believed it, and had the proof..
    Now I'm a bit more scepticle..
    I really enjoyed the experience though.. luckily nothing bad happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Snapper1

Now this is freaky! All the talk of Ouija boards and loof what happens!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/horse_racing/4183925.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

I kinda wanted the average view altho mods feel free to move this thread. Cynical or not any reply is good. My point is I don't beleive in ghosts and living in the country I happily go about at night in the dark with no street lights and it doesn't bother me.

Just wondering tho what the average persons thoughts on stuff like oujii boards is. Would you use em? I wouldn't, even if my view on them is skewed from hollywood movies and I just wanted to know if other ppl felt the same.

I also know I'm somewhat contradicting myself for not beleiving in ghosts and still refusing to use a oujii board.

Have no problems with using them - have done so many times & will probably do so again..... bugger all happens cos there's always some joker willing to pull the piss to scare the bejesus outta someone else involved - hehehehehe

::: ven0mous :::

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

For the record i never said science explains everything, i said it answers all MY questions. And you'll find generally if an abjective view is taken to any paranormal event, there are two "possible explanations". One is the obvious, that ghosts 'dun' it, and the other is a logical scientific explanation, which skeptics simply choose not to believe, and since the world is full of skeptics, these suggestions are still entertained to this day.

If a ghost however did manage to take off that girls clothes, i'm glad to know at least some of them have a sense of humour!

And pet, next time you wanna quote my entire post, do so, rather than leave out the last line in which i acknowledged the dryness of that post, generally i overdose on biggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Ok here is the trick.. It does work (at least I have been able to reproduce it a number of times). Would be intrested to know how it works.
    1. You need 5 people total and a chair.

2. One person sits on the chair normally (and relax). The others stand around them. One on each side of his leg and the other two on each side of his shoulder.

3. The standing people should make with their hands a gun shape. Put your hands together like in prayer, then interlink the 2-4th fingers and leave the first finger out and the thumb up. So you make an L shape (will look like a gun, don't shoot anyone! :o ).

4. Two people at the side hook the finger under the knee of the person sitting down, the other two hook it under the shoulder (armpit) behind him.

... Now try to lift him. As you can see it is extremely hard to do. Ok you can stop now.

5. Starting from one person and going clockwise, have the person put their right hand over the persons legs, then the next person puts their hand above theirs, and so on then repeat with left hand. It is important that no hands touch each other. Wait a second when done.

6. Now reverse the process (removing hands in order).

7. Now do it again only this time over the seated persons head. When you have completed it, everyone should pull their hand out (towards them) making sure not to touch anyone's hand. Then everyone makes the gun shape again and attempts to lift the person.

Assuming you have done it right the person in the chair should levitate up into the air with extreme ease. Do not keep them up in the air for long though as it will wear off.

I've tried that as well a few times. It's weird so it is but I think one explanation I heard once is that the first attempt to lift is usually uncoordinated and no one lifts at the same time where as the second attempt everyone knows what they are doing (including the person being lifted) and cos everyone lifts at same time up goes the person. I dunno tho. Still always fun to do every now and then.

Has it ever been tried with a grossly overweight person I'd like to know?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭DArcy

I got a ouija board for my birthday...was possibly the most original & coolest present I've ever gotten. It was pulled out on Hallowe'en night to mess about with....strange things happened....I believe :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

My friend told me they were illegal, are they?

Advertisement