Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ex Motornet.ie Member - VW Question

Options
  • 17-01-2005 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hey guys,

Thanks for the invite.

Have a new VW Golf and I have noticed the following. When you keep your foot on the clutch sometimes you feel a 'ping' or 'blip' up through the pedal.
    It is a difficult sensation to explain or describe.

Has anybody else experienced this or know what it may be.

Thanks,

Jildy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Does this happen during the travel of the pedal or while you're keeping the pedal depressed? If it happens during the travel of the pedal, it could be the clutch cable catching in its guide but I'm not even sure if the clutch is cable or hydraulic operated. Another possibility it the spring on the pedal, does it feel like it's happening close to the pedal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Probably the spring i the pedal. Get in there and apply some (very little) heavy oil to contacting/sliding metal parts, ie hinges/pivot points and spring end retainers, etc. A long art brush may make the job easier.

Maybe apply some cable lubricant to the cable ends.

See if the pinging exists with the engien running & spotted. if both, it's the cable/levers.

If running only. have someone else hold the clutch, while you listen for it at the gearbox end, may be a bearing.
    Have seen a VW golf grind a hole right through the flex plate, on the backwards clutch setup. which type do you have?.

Advertisement