Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring/Cabling - How best to hide them

Options
  • 17-01-2005 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Does anyone know of a product that sits on top of your skirting board to encase surround sound/home cinema wiring. I have just moved into a new apartment and already have the flooring down. Someone mentioned to me about a very fine casing that you can thread speaker cabling etc through that then sticks or clips to the top of your skirting boards. The only ones I have seen in the likes of Atlantic and Woodies is large plastic casings that would be very noticeable and look ridiculous on top of skirting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Benster

I have trunking like you have described in our appt to hide the surround sound cables and extra aerial cable. It's available in different sizes, true enough some of it is quite large at about 1.5" to 2" wide, but I have the 3/4" size for wiring for the rear satellites, and that's not too obvious. Those sizes are approximate, but not too far off the mark. Woodies should have a range of sizes, perhaps they were out of the smaller ones when you looked.

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Have a look at the minitrunking from tlc - it might not be just what you need, but at least it's a guide to what's available

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Trunking_Pvc_Index/Mini_Trunking_1/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

If you want a really neat finish and have some time or cash to spend, the neatest way could be to remove the skirting board, put on some beading to space the skirting out from the wall, and then run the cabling behind the skirting.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

if you are handy you could remove the skirting boards and cut a track in back of the skirting and run the cables in the groove. Something like a dremel would be useful for cutting the groove

Advertisement