Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is when you winning....

Options
  • 17-01-2005 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

4-0 or so with 20 odd minutes gone and thoroughly raping the other guy/CPU that once you go a few minutes without scoring thats it you barely have another shot on target?

Is it cos you cba or does the cpu/other guy start playing well and just try to stop you.

3 times yesterday i was winning 3-0 with only 20 minutes gone and didnt score again in both 2nd halfs didnt have a shot on target.

Was beating Darkireland 4-0 with 23 mins gone same again no more shots on target 2nd half he scored 2.

puzzling....

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I notice this a lot.
    You score 3 or 4 in the first half and then can't score again. I make loads of chances but they creep wide or hit the post or the keeper saves them. I'm convinced it's the computer cheating.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Makaveli wrote:
    I notice this a lot.
    You score 3 or 4 in the first half and then can't score again. I make loads of chances but they creep wide or hit the post or the keeper saves them. I'm convinced it's the computer cheating.

I thought it was the computer too , but its actually us losing concentration , try and put even more effort into scoring , as if you'd lose your job if you didn't score or something like that and you'll keep up the scoring , its just a mental block as how many of us don't think theres a chance we'll lose after going 3-0 , I normally start to slouch in my chair when I get an early lead like that , I pay less atention to the screen , and I barely know im doing this .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

I find alot of times - maybe im a bit paranoid - but that for periods of a game every decision goes against you. your players cant pull off simple passes, the ball just wont go in the net no matter how hard you try and you cant seem to get attacks going. meybe its lack of concentration but it doesent seem like it. especially when your 1 on 1 with the keeper 4 times in a row and none go in when you would have scored all of them other times. its a bit frustrating.

broken 2 controllers playing this game!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Pff i kicked your ass in the second half and even in the first half of that game you didnt get many shots (4 all 4 went in given haveing a bloody nightmere) whinning about winning though :confused:

(im darkireland btw just incase anyones confused)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

bizmark wrote:
    Pff i kicked your ass in the second half and even in the first half of that game you didnt get many shots (4 all 4 went in given haveing a bloody nightmere) whinning about winning though :confused:

(im darkireland btw just incase anyones confused)

Was funny you had more shots than me in the opening 20 mins and i was 4 up.

Tip: Stop fcuking about in defence with the ball, jebus i must have about 15 goals from your David james like errors (best being kanus tap in even GF LOLed at that one)

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

live and learn :) been doing the training in the game its quite handy for teaching you the tricks etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

i was playing as bayern munich vs some random team there yesterday and was 4 up after 21 mins.

i won the match 5-0 at the end, scoring the 5th around the 88th minute.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Its all down to concentration lads... You just find it so easy after scoring so many goals that you take it for granted that you are winning easily and the computer/person against you starts winning the ball off you etc. because you try things that you wouldn't normally do against a good player in a tight game.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

Its down to concentration you get lazy with a big lead too early

Advertisement