Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Software for ripping DVDs to Mpeg ?

• 17-01-2005 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Before this gets closed. I want to specify that these are home movies (some going back 20 odd years - & some older that were originally on super 8) that I've transfered from VHS to DVD with my DVD Ram deck. I now want to rip them to mpeg and import them into pinnacle studio for editing & adding menus etc.

Does anyone know of a product that would be able to do that ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

smartripper will rip them to constituent audio/video streams if that helps...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

ideally looking for something that's not going to leave me with a synching problem though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Gothic Warrior

iMax wrote:
    Before this gets closed. I want to specify that these are home movies (some going back 20 odd years - & some older that were originally on super 8) that I've transfered from VHS to DVD with my DVD Ram deck. I now want to rip them to mpeg and import them into pinnacle studio for editing & adding menus etc.

This zip file has all the software you'll need, and a step by step guide in Word format. I compiled it myself and it kicks ass.

http://www.dudemasters.com/software/dvd_ripper.zip

.....3 days later: you're welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

You need to be thanked for everything? Maybe he doesn't have net access. I'll thank you on his behalf.

John

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Apologies Gothic Warrior, have been really busy, only saw this now. Thanks !

It's cool - I was only taking the piss anyway.

Lump: Being "thanked for EVERYTHING" (as oppossed to just this once) would imply that there has been a previous incident. Can you refresh my memory?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

There wasn't one. I just find it a bit petty.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

iMax wrote:

Handbrake 0.6.2

Lump wrote:
    There wasn't one. I just find it a bit petty.

John
    Hmmm. Why didn't you just say it was petty instead of implying I had done this before? You chose a very roundabout abstract way to imply I was petty.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement