Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For the dealers?

Options
  • 17-01-2005 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

So I will be shiowing up in the Fitzwilliam for my debut appearance soon enough and I was wondering how/if the dealers are looked after. In cash games is it the norm to throw then a cut of every pot? and in a tournament, if there is a dealer, what sort of cut might they get from the winner(s)(if they deal!)

Are there unwritten rules in realtion to any of this?

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

In a cash game its typical to throw them a euro from any half decent sized pot. Two or sometimes more from a major pot.

In tournies, first second and third should leave something. Personally I leave about 5%, less if its a big big win and more if its a smaller win. Each to his own but the dealers really appreciate the tips as its long hard often frustrating work.

DeV.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Make it work both ways. "I'm giving you 20% because I finished 2nd but subtracting 10% for my pocket Aces getting busted last week - you were dealing so...."

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

From last nights cash game ... (Marq arrives to deal the cash table I'm at where I've managed to build a very nice stack of reds and greens).

"I see Tom is doing well, lets see if I can change that"
    "Look at that, the brotherhood of dealers"
    "You call yerself a dealer?!"
    "You call yerself a player!?"
    :)

Sure enough I didnt hit much after that, I say screw 'em, dont leave them a penny! :p

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭David Stewart

I was in the final five at last Sunday's €20 game and we cut a deal which included a cut for the dealers. Should I have left a further tip? It was my first time at a final table with money at stake.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

What was the deal/split? How much went to the dealers?

Tell us and let us judge you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

what about for €10 sng? i won one in the merrion last night after the freeroll. there was a dealer provided (there was also a €2 reg in additon to the €10) and i got €65. It's only when I was skipping home I realised that I was a scabby príck!

If the deal leaves a reasonable tip then thats you covered but if its something like 2000 each for 3 people and the spare 40 to the dealers", that would seem a bit tight.
    As far as SNG's go, if its a dealer player then you should thank him/her but its just a favour. If someone offers to deal for you and does so then the winner or winner+second should throw him a tenner _or_ a fiver each respectively. If the dealer is on official business (ie: wearing a dickiebow and being directed by Luke) then its at your disgression because they will be on the clock. The tenner for the table doesnt cover the dealer, its for rent for the table.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

thanks DeV, i owe you some then! (i finished 2nd in that sng before the 110 game in the fitz last night)

Aha... the red haired "rock"? Nice to put a face to the name. I liked the way you seemed to switch gears before they noticed. Dont worry about yesterday. Its really the winners responsiblity in a SNG, second gets little enough.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭David Stewart

lafortezza wrote:
    What was the deal/split? How much went to the dealers?

Tell us and let us judge you!

I got a grand for being chip leader, the other three went home with 500 each and we gave 150 (I think, it could have been 100) to the dealers. I didn't set up the deal, it was proposed by one of the other players who had more experience of these things than me.

• Advertisement

2500 pool and you left 100-150, that seems very reasonable! I've seen people win 6K+ and leave less then 50. 5% of the pool is what I aim at but a little more, a little less... whatever makes the numbers round.

DeV.

Advertisement