Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton or Mira

Options
  • 17-01-2005 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

Buying an electric shower, basically down to these two I think

Triton t90si or the Mira Elite 2

Both are the same price give or take a couple of squid
    Any views??

Dec

*edit* typo

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

I've got that Triton shower. It's a beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi deckie,

Both Mira and Triton have a great after sales service, as soon as the warranty expires you can expect to pay for any service calls, as far as I know Triton are cheaper for parts and call out.

Check them out yourself, Mira is distributed by Modern Plant Naas Road, Triton by Earthridge Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

ditto, Triton

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

The Triton is better built and more reliable - I have had to fix more Mira showers than Triton and have installed hundreds of Tritons with little call-back. The most common faults on the Mira are down to switches breaking and pumps failing, and I've replaced lots and lots of overheat thermostats at €20 a throw and they are not re-settable. Do not buy the Mira if you are in a hard water area and you get a lot of limescale in your kettle.

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

The Triton is better built and more reliable - I have had to fix more Mira showers than Triton and have installed hundreds of Tritons with little call-back. The most common faults on the Mira are down to switches breaking and pumps failing, and I've replaced lots and lots of overheat thermostats at €20 a throw and they are not re-settable. Do not buy the Mira if you are in a hard water area and you get a lot of limescale in your kettle.

'c
    My dad is living in a hard water area and has a Mira and the temp setting switch is knackered on it so he has told me when I use it, not to touch it or it will go mental again.
    We have an equivalent Triton in our place and it's been bulletproof for the last 9 yrs. T80i I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I've always had and used Triton , the odd time i've put in Mira showers, initially when mira entered the market they were a little better (notably on the call outs so all the cavan landlords put em in their bedsits so they must have been better lol) anyway sisnce then i think Triton have reclaimed top spot, the main wholesalers recommend Triton too also Mira changed their shape and design to match the triton so that says something. I think the Troton T80 is (was) the only shower on the market that was pumped and powered but could work off themains i.e no tank required, so unless this was usefull to you stick with the T90i

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I have a Mira Sport. It was installed when I bought my house.
    I think the thermostat is snookered on it. Is it difficult to replace. Any of you want to do a nixer and fix my shower ??

BTW .. Mira charge 65 euro just to have someone come out and look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

Have had a Mira elite in 3 diff houses now and had problems with all, only reason I got mira was becuase that used to be the only one ESB would install as well as supply. On the sounds of all the replies so far, Triton sound much better!! The Mira is good but would recommend extended warranty as have had alot of problems as described above!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Also just for the record, woodies seem to do specials on these showers regularly, saving of about 70 euro expected, i have bought a few in the sale from them, they went off sale and then back on later on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I've always used Triton up until my latest house & had the T90si in my last one - great shower, great power & great reliability.....BUT, I have the equivalent pumped electric Mira shower in my new place & its so much quieter than the Triton one - makes a huge difference - I'm delighted with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

Was in homebase today and they were selling the Triton shower for approx €220.00 which seemed quite reasonable

Advertisement