Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Connectin mp3 player to Ford CD player...?

Options
  • 17-01-2005 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭

I want to connect my mp3 player to my Ford 6000 radio.
    It's a cd player so one of those crappy tape adaptors ain't an option. I'm just so sick of hearing the same cd's at this stage.
    Anyone know if there is an aux-in. I took the radio out and didn't see one but there is a connection with nothing going into it....maybe I could get an adaptor or sumfin...? (googled for ages but no results)
    Anyone tried this before with this particular radio....?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Actually don't think it's possible cause there is not Aux button on the radio itself...but if anyone knows different, please post

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I wonder is there some sort of FM modulators like they had for CD players........to connect to a radio/tape unit and used the FM radio to listen to CD

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

You have one choice if you want to connect your portable MP3 player by getting an FM Modulator

Another choice is to get a CD / MP3 Changer (6disc) and conected to the original radio

third choice is to get a facia adaptor + ford adaptor loom and replace the original radio with an after market cd mp3 player head unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

louie wrote:
    You have one choice if you want to connect your portable MP3 player by getting an FM Modulator

Another choice is to get a CD / MP3 Changer (6disc) and conected to the original radio

third choice is to get a facia adaptor + ford adaptor loom and replace the original radio with an after market cd mp3 player head unit.
    Thanks for the suggestions but the quality outta those FM modulators is appalling.
    Can't afford a Changer or a new radio....ah well suppose I'll jus have to keep burning new CDs all the time :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A work collegue bought a used Ford 6 disk CD Changer from E-Bay recently for €200 including delivery. It fits into the dash below the head unit. Apparently it fits both the Focus and Mondeo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement