Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beginning online tourament

Options
  • 17-01-2005 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

What online poker tourament sites would ppl recommend? Havent played online before so I'd prefer some type of free-roll tourament where I wouldnt have to give out my credit card details at the start.

Ob

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

PokerRoom.com have two freerolls a day....one at 2 and another at 9,you have to register 1 1/2 hours before.Its a good site.I will be playing the freeroll at 9 (register 7:30)

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Obscure

ill check that out!!
    how long would the free-roll tourament be?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

its up to you....it last about 2/3 hours but I have been out in 15 min on more than one occasion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Be warned about serious muppet play in this freeroll - The worst I've ever seen anywhere. Example from today.

Pick up AcQc on the button, with 4 limpers before me. Raise 5xBB, blinds fold, 2 callers. Flop comes: Qd 7s 2d. I bet out 5 x BB, get called. I'm thinking he's either pocket pair, or Q,x.

Turn is 4d, and he reraises all in. I call. He turns over 9s,3d and the river completes his flush. Weep.

A good rule is only play AA,KK,QQ or AK suited for the first two blind steps. Never go all in unless you have the nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭peeko

Good tips there Jaden, I play on VC and they have free rolls based on action points that you accumalate by playing in cash games, so you won't be able to play without a credit card, unless you want to play in the fake money games.

Gonna try out poker room pretty soon, heard good things

• Advertisement
Advertisement