Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prob with Mobiles forum

Options
  • 17-01-2005 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Could you have a read of this thread and tell me if you think this is just a little extreme, i.e. closing the thread for trolling?

http://muppet.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2289579#post2289579

Dismissing someones post as nonsense is not throlling nor is pleading ignorance to accusations of trolling?

Would appreciate some opinion on it..
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

It's true that your initial reply was very trolly. I do not think that the initial respondant was giving his uninformed opion, more his experience. You made a gut reaction to somebodys reply when you were not fully aware of the facts behind that reply. You cannot dismiss somebodys advice in this manner. It is rude, ignorant and leads to the original point being lost. You, as somebody who seems to have a little experience in the mobile operator area, should have addressed the original point and addressed the issues the second poster "appeared" to have. Instead you choose to call the respondants point "nonsence".

The mod correctly told you not to be so rude, and reminded you that this was not the first time he has asked you to refrain from answering queries in such a manner. You then inflame the situation by continuing to reply to the mod in an off the topic and a "what did I do" type manner. In short yes the mod was right, you were out of order.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Dismissing someones post as nonsense is not throlling nor is pleading ignorance to accusations of trolling?..

in my forum, pleading ignorance will still get you banned - the charter is there for a reason and it's not my problem if you didn't read it
    in short
    the Mod did exactly what I would have done

Advertisement