Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommend alloys and where to buy for a golf mk4

Options
  • 17-01-2005 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭

Well I'm sure lots of people saw the ads for the cheap Halfords alloys. Of course none of them will fit my VW Golf (they won't fit an audi either apparently). :(

Can anyone recommend a shop where I could buy reasonably priced alloys / with the tyres attached preferably. Also, if you could state if the shop will install them.

Will my 2000 Golf MK4 take 17inch wheels easily?

Thanks for your help,

Praetorian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

This can take a bit of looking around, but I always buy my alloys from england. It depends on the currency I guess. On 3 occasions I have ordered alloys from England, had them overnighted and still cheaper than here. I never got them with tyres on though. One amazing example was a set of wheels here was 400 punts 2 week wait, I got them for 80 stg delivered from U.K.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

where you getting those online? or have websites/links?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

try www.tyresave.co.uk

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

I never get the alloys in one specific place usually buy a mag and ring or email a few places. However the last set i got which wer'e 14 inch Minilite replica's, i got at Midland Wheel Supplies in Warwickshire.
    www.midlandwheels.com . Abot 12 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Also try http://www.performancealloys.com

They sell alloys + tyres packages and ship to Ireland.

• Advertisement
Advertisement