Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Year Project

• 17-01-2005 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

Anyone here either working on a final year project or planning one for next year? My class are beginning to get a push towards deciding what to do. I'm thinking that I'd like to do a study into the effect of video game violence on peoples' moods and behaviour. Either that or into patriotism and sense of pride in your country.
    Anyone else working on one or getting the push from their department to make up their mind?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

we don't do them? well at least not the classical sence anyway...

We can do a dissertation on a wide range of topics - some are picked by the department to help those who can't think up something (i.e. 90% of the course). Others come up with ingenious ideas, but have to run it by the department first...like for example, I know someone who's studying waves. He's a surfer...(and in civil, structural & environmental)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

probably will give some rats some drugs and see what happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

John2 wrote:
    probably will give some rats some drugs and see what happens
    ..One for me, one for you...

I'm not giving you any rats

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

i found out about the rats today. Unfortunetly, there is no rat king in trinity. Lab Rats, are bred in a factory type place in Britain. After you order them, those rats gets gased. THen they get their neck broken. Then the get put in boxes and crates and shipped to ireland. Ater we dissect them and abuse them, afaik, they get shipped back to England for incineration. If someone was looking, not for a final year project, but to make a lot of money, they could become a rat king and do all this ireland. But I think the incineration thing doesn't happen here. But if the law changes...

John2 wrote:
    I'm not giving you any rats
    Oh, but you didn't have any problem giving me crabs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Our final year project goes from september til december. Involves (often payed) placement in an academic or industrial research group. It can be abroad too, many went to germany, one went to japan this year. Then we have to write it up and it's worth around a quarter of our degree.
    For example I know someone who went to some fusion research institute in Culham england. Got payed like 200 sterling a week. I spotted him writing it up in the IAMS there recently, he had about 70 pages of derived equations..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

I'd recommend that any third year CS, ICT, or CD/D engineers check out the projects list here Year on year, the project themes tend to be pretty consistent so this year's offers are a good indicator for next year.

i found out about the rats today. Unfortunetly, there is no rat king in trinity. Lab Rats, are bred in a factory type place in Britain. After you order them, those rats gets gased. THen they get their neck broken. Then the get put in boxes and crates and shipped to ireland. Ater we dissect them and abuse them, afaik, they get shipped back to England for incineration. If someone was looking, not for a final year project, but to make a lot of money, they could become a rat king and do all this ireland. But I think the incineration thing doesn't happen here. But if the law changes...

For the research projects we use live rats, €20 a rat. As for breeding rats, I think our mohawk crotched friend* would be suited to this job.

*don't ask

• Advertisement

John2 wrote:
    For the research projects we use live rats, €20 a rat. As for breeding rats, I think our mohawk crotched friend* would be suited to this job.

*don't ask

Just for general info, that person is NOT me..

(Anyways, why would this person be suited to the job?)

because he's a dirty rat

Oh.

Advertisement