Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ping problem on digiweb

• 17-01-2005 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭

Hi all, hope someone can help. Been on to Digiweb but no major inspiration from them. I've had Digiweb since last April, don't think I'll be staying with them on renewal but at the moment I cannot ping... Ping boards.ie and it times out. Name resolves ok but no ping. Web browsing, email, downloads - all functionality is there but pinging is a problem and I think overall speed has slowed down. WHen I run the Wizard setup on the Zyxel modem via the web interface at 192.168.1. there is a final page which does a diagnostic - the "ping default gateway" test fails...

Can I ask any Digiweb people out there

a) Are you having any problems with pings - I've had this since November but not bothered to do anything as I was so busy coming up to Christmas with work

b) Can you please run the web config program for the Zyxel modem and run the Wizard setup and click through all the settings until you get to the final page with the diagnostic and run that and see if your ping default gateway test passes or fails.

Many thanks!

Edit - Tried pinging 192.168.1.1 - this works ok
    Tried pinging IP addy of boards (example) and again it times out.

Advertisement