Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balancing problem

Options
  • 17-01-2005 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Having probs reading the forums with regular www.boards.ie, but have probs addressing muppet.boards.ie
    Can sporadically get www.boards.ie, but most of the time get a timeout error- unable to display page, a timely response could not be received from www.boards.ie

Is there work going on with the webservers today/tonight?

I'm lucky I remembered the thread from in here with the other subdomain names!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Is there work going on with the webservers today/tonight?

I haven't a clue but are you really as cute as a button?

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Tee Hee Heee

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Cute_Button

Grow up....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Grow up....

Yes there have been issues lately, now I'm going home to cry into my pillow. Meany. :(

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Cute_Button

Having a bad day, sorry. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

All I did is laugh. Apoligise to me :P

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

sorry lump................ now you apologise to me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Yep, almost constant timeouts contacting www.boards.ie but its working fine when i got for muppet.boards.ie...

was the same last night also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Yep Yep.
    Boards.ie keeps bottoming out(or not coming on) - same yesterday. Muppet.boards is fine. Do many people know of it as the boards traffic is slow - or is it today.

Nuke

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Nukem wrote:
    Do many people know of it as the boards traffic is slow - or is it today.

Nuke

There's just 87 online now, I guess all of them are using muppet. Seems a bit slow here for me too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Shh, don't tell the muppets...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Trojan wrote:
    Shh, don't tell the muppets...
    Yeah SSHHH!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

The Muppet wrote:
    Yeah SSHHH!
    LOL - was just about to post this would be a dangerous thing if mods didnt know about it. People could run amuck.
    But ha ha - Cat mods are about.

How does Muppet boards work. This was explained a while back but never read the posts. Anyone ?

Nuke

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Nukem wrote:
    LOL - was just about to post this would be a dangerous thing if mods didnt know about it. People could run amuck.
    But ha ha - Cat mods are about.

How does Muppet boards work. This was explained a while back but never read the posts. Anyone ?

Nuke

Its the direct address to one of the two machines which are used to load balance the www site. Obviously the load balancing is screwed- and the other machine offline altogether?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=219197

Good call.
    Wonder what the OS upgrade was?
    ......suffering withdrawal sympthoms! meh!

S.

Advertisement