Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stickies

• 17-01-2005 11:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm going to unsticky all the sticky topics by the end of the week. Firstly they clog up the board, which means there's less of an acitve archive of topics. Also, a lot of the information is outdated and useless. Finally, some of the topics went way off scale (in particular clubs in the area)

I'll do up an intro thread and sticky that. I thinking of having it as a general introduction then a list of clubs and offers. If someone wants their club and new member offers on them pleas PM and I'll put it up.

This will make information more accessible and clean up the board.

Your friendly mod,
    Colm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Musashi

It might be no harm to keep the charter up, altered as u see fit,to at least lay some ground rules down for everyone.
    Stuff like trolling and personal attacks spring to mind as actionable.
    Also, do we want folks coming in advertising their clubs/seminars/whatever or should they talk to the Admin.about advertising on the site?
    A member mentioning an upcoming event for general information is ok to my mind,but someone using the forum just to plug their group/style/competition?
    Leave it up to ye but I do feel the groundrules should be laid out somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

I think the "whats you're martial art grade" one should stick, as it gives a fair bit of info on boards members who use this board. I agree with you on the other 4 though, they could be combined into some one charter/links thread to save space. Certainly the 3 stickies on links could be combined anyway. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

It might be no harm to keep the charter up, altered as u see fit,to at least lay some ground rules down for everyone.
    I was going to put that in the intro thread.
    Also, do we want folks coming in advertising their clubs/seminars/whatever or should they talk to the Admin.about advertising on the site?
    A member mentioning an upcoming event for general information is ok to my mind,but someone using the forum just to plug their group/style/competition?
    Everyone does it all the time. It would be good to have one clean list of resources for people to access to.

Peace and Love Y'All,
    Colm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Nice to see ya keeping busy Colm, keep up the good work!

I'm inclined to agree with Musashi with regard the charter, that should stay, but by all means edit it and mod it as you please. But then, your the boss, so its entirely up to you.

My 2 cent in the box!

Advertisement