Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David's personal tech support thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

Thank you good sir! How did you manage to get to be (head?) admin anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

lets just say he gives good. damn that was too obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Thank you good sir! How did you manage to get to be (head?) admin anyway?
    i'm not head admin anyway, its more of a team effort...and emm cause i helped out quite a few times n i guess showed i knew stuff so let me be admin n i learned everything else :)

Do you have phpmyadmin? I know it's probably quicker and easier to manage from the prompt but it would be good to know it's there anyway.

Do you have phpmyadmin? I know it's probably quicker and easier to manage from the prompt but it would be good to know it's there anyway.
    umm globally installed no, tho i suppose i could install it without much hassle... you can of course install it locally(all it is is a couple of php pages really..)

• Advertisement

Cool I'll do that then

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

These threads make me wonder why people mock BESS.....

So having never used or even heard of VNC before that question, was I wrong in assuming that there was already a VNC server running on the maths servers?

Having exhausted google was I wrong in asking if syntax highlighting worked? I edited the .vimrc file so many times I got sick of trying to figure it out and just asked. (I had never used vim before either)

Was I supposed to know that ops@maths.tcd.ie dealt with creating mysql accounts? Did I know that Eoin was gone?

Go back to mocking BESS.
    (Oh and that wasn't the original thread topic, it was edited. That's the only possible reason I can think of for you posting that comment.)

These threads make me wonder why people mock BESS.....
    wtf does that mean? why wouldn't we?

So having never used or even heard of VNC before that question, was I wrong in assuming that there was already a VNC server running on the maths servers?[/QUPTE]
    Uh that doesn't make sence, each user run's their own copy of a vnc server...
    Did I know that Eoin was gone?
    you were mailing poor eoin?

• Advertisement
Advertisement