Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rooney to escape police inquiry

• 18-01-2005 1:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney will not face a police investigation for his goal celebration after scoring against Liverpool on Saturday.

The former Everton player ran to the Kop and cupped his ears in a defiant gesture to the home fans.

Inspector George Dawson said: "It looks like Rooney hasn't committed a criminal offence so he won't be investigated."

Rooney - who had a mobile phone thrown in his direction - is also set to escape a Football Association charge.

The FA is currently awaiting a report on the mobile phone incident from the Merseyside Police.

One spectator was arrested but it had not yet been confirmed that it was the same person who threw the phone.

A police spokesman added: "We have recovered a mobile phone from the pitch. We are not sure whether it was thrown at anybody. We are making inquiries."
    Why would Rooney be investigated anyways? I don't think it was very insulting... Does everyone have to make everything a mountain out of a molehill?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

incitment to violence would of been the charge probaly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I said on the LP-MU thread what I thought he was doing. I could be miles off the mark, but at the time I thought "cheeky bugger" and "knacker", but he was far from inciting me to violence!

Dudek was the one who should get done for incitment to violence! (lengthy ban or even jail sentence please) Weighty Wayne was just unlucky to be the closest target ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

How he was even considered for committing a criminal offence in the first place is beyond me!

Spot on Demeantor, making a mountain out of a molehill!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Put Dudek away and throw away the key :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

ROONEY CENTER OF PLAYER CELEBRATES GOAL SCANDAL!

• Advertisement
Advertisement