Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

suggestion for the Sale boards

Options
  • 18-01-2005 3:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭

once the item(s) is/are sold, can you ask the seller to change topic and add words "(SOLD)" to the end of the topic. this way us buyers know whats available from browsing the topics. i know this wont happen overnight but over the time, people will learn to edit.

-adnans
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I endorse this product/service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Good thinking, I can't tell you how many times I've been browsing these threads with a glimmer of interest and read on to find that it's already gone.
    Having said that, when you've got a thread with about 10 or more replies, you tend not to get your hopes up too much ;)
    I think some people do an edit of their original post to mark off items that are sold etc, which is cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

You can't edit your post after a certain amount of time, so I don't think it's possible for all threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Zena

adnans - that is a great idea. This idea has my support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I think it's a good idea, but I wouldn't want to drag an old thread back to the top of the Boards just because it's sold. Perhaps if threads could be given a lifespan of a month or so and then deleted or locked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

yeah, it all depends if regi can change the lifespan of the edit time for the posts on the sale board. a bit messy, hope it can be done.

-adnans

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Doctor J wrote:
    I think it's a good idea, but I wouldn't want to drag an old thread back to the top of the Boards just because it's sold. Perhaps if threads could be given a lifespan of a month or so and then deleted or locked?

Editing the title wouldn't bring it to the top. Only an additional post would do that. Also as Koneko says, after a couple of days only a moderator or admin can edit a thread.

Perhaps the seller posting SOLD would help. Sure it'd mean reading the whole thread or jumping to the last post but easier than messing around with edit times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

You could maybe make all posts Stickies automatically and set it to prune all stickies to normal posts after two weeks or whatever you find the average lifespan of a for sale thread to be?

Although I suppose you'd lose the charter which is pretty important for the For Sale forum. Perhaps making the charter an announcement?

Advertisement