Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aya Napa v's Santa Ponsa

• 18-01-2005 9:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi guys,

Looking for some advice, 4 lads, mid 20's, single, looking for a lads holl, already done playa del ingles and Hersonasis (sorry can't spell) lookin for somewhere new this year. So at the moment were Aya Napa or Santa Ponsa with Budget Travel ... any suggestions or if you can tell me anything about night life / prices etc too that would be great like:

Pint in a pub?
    Bottle of beer in an offie?
    Dinner out?

Good Waterparks / beach sports etc

Anything you could tell us would be great ... Cheers for the help guys !!!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I was at santa ponsa there 2/3 year ago
    wouldn't recamend it to mid 20's
    its full of couples in their mid 20's and 13/14 year olds up for getting locked and a shag
    there're plently of prostitutes around on the street cost about 15-20 euro, also a place you can go in and get them for 60,
    the locals aren't really that nice, some of them are **** and will jump on someone on their own, we ended up spending every night of ours in maguluf cost about 5 euro to get a taxi there with 4 people and then would come back to santa ponsa about 5/6am and go to the 24 hour bars(locals would be gone then)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭branners69

Hi,

out of them 2 place I would deffo go with Aiya Napa.. I stayed in Napa Plaza which is an excellent spot to stay in.. around 5 mins walk from the square and there is a 24 hour bar right accross the road.. the staff and locals are as friendly as I have ever met in a resort.. they love the Irish cos they have an issue with occupied territory and unwanted guests too!!

there are strip clubs around 5 mins in the opposite direction from the square which are full of very very fit russian birds!!

the beer over there is KEO and Carlsberg and cost around €2 for a pint.. the beer was more expensive in the offie.. which is weird but what can ya do.. ur actually forced to go to the pub, result!! there is some great Irish pubs, the Celtic bar which is full of loads of short skirted british birds!!

ya get loads of specials in the square pubs.. 2 for one and all that.. I went outta season so maybe someone else will confirm if its the same peak season..
    whats really pricey is ****e food like crisps and ice-cream.. was nearly €3 for a cornetto.. yet again they are forcin ya in for a pint!!

I was also in Santa Ponsa years ago and it was a dump.. is alot like Playa de Finglas so if ya enoyed that then it might be up ur street!!

cheers

Branners..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Fish05

Hi Guys

Thanks for the info, does aya napa get very hot in Aug? Would you be better off going in June or Sept, is it still busy / Good Crack?

Any recommendations for other good holiday hot spots?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Dont know what you're thinking going to either of those places in your mid 20's. They are 16,17,18 year old places suitable for after the leaving cert.

Go on a proper holiday, if you want fun with a group of lads visit Thailand or something interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

I definetly wouldn go to santa ponsa its really for teenagers and couples I've been twice once when i was 17 and it was fantastic and last year I was 22 and it was terrible. Ayia Napa is good been there two years ago and it is VERY expensive compared to all the other holiday destinations. If you want my opinion the best place to go this year is either Turkey or Croatia-where im going this year) i was in turkey last year aswell as santa ponsa and turkey was excellent I stayed in kusadasi in the Mellisa Apartments and It was one of the best yet. The resort and apts were very clean and very friendly and the booze was only equivelant of €1.20 per litre bootle of local in the clubs. Nitelife was excellent. So i would recomend turkey

Advertisement