Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P800 Battery eating madness

Options
  • 18-01-2005 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭

I recently started having battery life problems with my P800, I'd get less then 16hrs standby time out of it. I assumed the battery must be fubar'd so I decided to get a new one, ebay to the rescue.

When I charged the new battery, surprise surprise, the same shagging thing happened. I began to think maybe the battery wasn't the problem. I swapped batterys with a guy in work and my battery worked fine in his phone, but his battery started dying very quickly (15% in less then 2 hours).

I've noticed that when I remove the battery I don't need to reset the clock, logic would suggest this means even without a battery there has to be some power in it somewhere, perhaps there's an application running in the backround that I can't find? This seems like a bit of a longshot in my own head (why can't I find it like?). As a last resort maybe I could get it flashed, or do it myself, anyone know how I could do this? Also has anyone come across similar problems?

Thanks in advance,

Declan

Advertisement