Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Breeze Home & Business?

• 18-01-2005 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

What's the deal? Why would one go for 'home' when the 'business' version
    have the same spec and cost 9 euro lower p/m?

Anybody know?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

fow99 wrote:
    What's the deal? Why would one go for 'home' when the 'business' version
    have the same spec and cost 9 euro lower p/m?

Anybody know?

if your getting those prices off there website i would not take them as gospel..
    you need to phone there sales line...

From what i know.. im and IBB Home customer..

1mb 20:1 no cap is €40 a month: Home
    1mb 8:1 no cap is €88 a month: Business

• Registered Users Posts: 42 fow99

hmm. This is what I got from its website:
    Business:
    http://www.irishbroadband.ie/htmdocs/bb_for_business/pricing.htm
    Product Breeze Lite 1MB Breeze Lite 2MB Breeze Lite 3MB
    Download Speed 1024 kbps 2048 kbps 3072 kbps
    Upload Speed 1024 kbps 2048 kbps 3072 kbps
    Contention 20:1 20:1 12:1
    Monthly (excl. VAT) €40.00 €99.00 €199.00
    Install (excl. VAT) €149.00 €149.00 €149.00

Home:
    http://www.irishbroadband.ie/htmdocs/bb_at_home/pricing.htm
    Product Ripwave™ Home Breeze 1MB Lite
    Download Speed 512 kbps 1024 kbps
    Upload Speed 128 kbps 1024 kbps
    Average Contention 40:1 20:1
    Download Cap None None
    Install (incl. VAT) €99.00 €149.00
    Monthly (incl. VAT) €29.99 €48.40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Home is inc VAT and Business is ex VAT. Otherwise, no difference in price or service (i.e. crap either way).

Blaster99 wrote:
    (i.e. crap either way).

Thought there must be a catch. :(

yea there service is terrible... i.e there customer service..
    i find there internet service to be quite good...

i have pings to WOW servers of about 119ms and pings to jarhedz and jolt of about 29
    in saying that my connection went tits up over christmas and it took over €80 of support calls to get it fixed... i mailed them one thursday evening saying i was contacting my bank first thing on friday morning to cancel my Direct Debit to IBB and would be billing them for my O2 phone calls... my connection was fixed in a couple of hrs... and has been perfect since

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

I find the customer service variable - I've had one fool and one non-helper, but otherwise they've been excellent. But the speeds aren't at all what I expected from broadband, and when people with broadband elsewhere come into my house they roar laughing at how slow it is. (I'm on the Guinness node, btw)

lazygit wrote:
    in saying that my connection went tits up over christmas and it took over €80 of support calls to get it fixed...
    Wow.
    lazygit wrote:
    i mailed them one thursday evening saying i was contacting my bank first thing on friday morning to cancel my Direct Debit to IBB and would be billing them for my O2 phone calls... my connection was fixed in a couple of hrs... and has been perfect since
    Yeah, sometimes you just have to be agressive, don't you. They didn't pay your
    O2 bills though, did they?

luckat wrote:
    I find the customer service variable - I've had one fool and one non-helper, but otherwise they've been excellent. But the speeds aren't at all what I expected from broadband, and when people with broadband elsewhere come into my house they roar laughing at how slow it is. (I'm on the Guinness node, btw)

ask them if your on guinness 2, thats what i am on.
    Ping your default IBB Gateway you should be getting a reply of about 4ms.
    i was getting 2500+ms every time with about 50% packet loss. And no i did not get my 02 bill paid.. no did i expect to ... i was just happy to be able to play WOW

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

On the sign-up form the pricing is different, IBB Breeze Home is priced at 35e a month and IBB Breeze Home Plus is 48.50 a month.
    The difference is in the 20:1 or 8:1 contention ratio afaik.

Plus, I have a mate two doors down who's had IBB for a few weeks now with no problems(he's on Home Plus), perfect download and upload speeds. Pings are a bit dodgey apparently, but if you're looking for gaming you'd go for DSL or Cable anyway.

Advertisement