Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How can I get a washing machine out of my apartment?!

• 18-01-2005 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

I've had a washing machine sitting in m apartment for two years.

It's very heavy.

I'm on the 4th floor (although there is a lift.)

How can I get rid of it? I'm not strong enough to carry it.

Any suggestions? (besides paying a fortune for a removal service!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

dublindude wrote:
    Hello,

It's very heavy.

Are you replacing it? DID will remove old appliances for €20 when they deliver your new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

How about getting a hand from a neightbour or someone on another floor? or a mate?

if your on your own you could move it by rocking it!Did that myself with a dishwasher a while ago, was slow but effective with just me to move it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

dublindude wrote:
    Hello,

It's very heavy.

You'll need friends. Washing machines have a big f*ck off concrete block in the bottom of them, to stop them moving around when they spin quickly. That's why you can't move it. If you happen to know anyone who works in the delivery or construction business, you could get one of those two-wheeled trollies from them (you'll still need at least two people though), or yourself and 3 mates could spend an afternoon cutting your fingers and hurting your backs getting it into the lift.
    Then go to the pub. Buy a pint, enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

if you've got a big window, then that's your solution.

otherwise, don't they have some kind of recycling company,
    but tbh, I think if you want it gone, and don't want to pay for it, then you will have to move it yourself.
    or get some mates with non Girly man Arms and get them to move it and pay for the rounds in the pub or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

how did you get it in?
    the reverse of that should work nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

If you live on the north side just put a lock on it and turn your back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭lomb

or crack it open and remove the concrete block in it first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

if yur dumping the washing machine then just pop the top off and take the thing apart as much as u can would seem to be the sensible thing to do assuming u don't have any mates willing to lend a hand

edit: u got there first lomb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

got a car? drive up to dunsink, give a few local ethnic lads a shout, tell them you need to get rid of a washing machine, if they want it they can have it.

youll have about 5 hi-aces outside your front door in moments, loaded with strapping young ethnic girls ready to lift it for ya

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

What's an ethnic girl? It sounds kind of nice.

• Advertisement

What's an ethnic girl? It sounds kind of nice.

a bit like ethnic food but tastier :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Ethnic girls? :eek:

NOT tasty.

Any of the big electrical retailers will remove the appliance if you are having a new one delivered by them. I used to work for one of them, so I know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

put a table cloth over it and hey presto a new counter top in your house

sell it on boards as a, automatic salad washer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Trigger! wrote:
    How about getting a hand from a neightbour or someone on another floor? or a mate?

if your on your own you could move it by rocking it!Did that myself with a dishwasher a while ago, was slow but effective with just me to move it!

If you need to move heavy stuff then head down to the nearest carpet shop and get some free carpet and lino samples.
    To drag the washing machine across carpet put the lino samples under the feet, to move it across wood or lino flooring put the carpet samples under the feet. It will then slide easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Do it like the egyptians

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Miles

Is it still working? If so just sell it and have the buyer remove it. I had one that was broken and the fella just bought it for the parts.

Advertisement