Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

s\e asia

• 18-01-2005 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭

me and two of my friends were planning on takin a trip around s\e asia in the summer on a 'shoestring' type holiday involving a lot of mad out of it. does anyone have any previous experiences that they would like to share with us before we go or anyone have any recommendations of stuff to do or see. we will be goin for about 6 weeks to 2 months and are very flexable as to where we could end up.!

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

IM heading out that way too in March. As has been pointed out to me on many occasions, the lonely planet is a must have,
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1741041643/qid=1106321989/sr=2-1/ref=pd_ka_b_2_1/103-0890418-1955067
    is the one we are using to plan our month over there.

Ger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Knifey_Spoony

You should defo do Vietnam if you have time. We did it last yr. Managed to do Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia in just under 2 months. I wish we had longer though because we really had to rush some places. Alot of people we met weren't bothering to do Cambodia. Id really recommend you visit it though. Even just the two main cities Phnom Pen and Siem Reap. Its very depressing but well worth it. We only stayed 2-3 days in each city but it was such an amazing experience. Go see Angkor Wat and the Killing Fields and S21 prison.
    There's loadsa other stuff to do in Cambodia which isnt quite as depressing. Theres loads of brill bars, one called Temple Bar which is cool, and "Angkor What?" was good too. Their "Happy Herbs" pizza places are cool too.
    Dunno what else to tell you really. Feel free to pm me or post any q's you have. Oh and gerire is right, lonely planet will be your bible when your away! The only crap thing is any restaurant, bar etc that they recommend is impossible to find because as soon as they are recommended about 50 places with the same name open up nearby trying to cash in! You never truly know if your in the right place or not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i dont plan on "doing" any countries, what a stupid turn of phrase you have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Knifey_Spoony

And what a stupid attitude you have. My post was for Sportswear. Get over yourself.

ah deadly buzz

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Gav99

ferdi wrote:
    i dont plan on "doing" any countries, what a stupid turn of phrase you have

You remind me of a wanker :rolleyes:

sound boss.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Behave around ehre ferdi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭sportswear

eh thank you all for your commewnts and suggestions. i'll get back to it at a

later stage before any heads get bait.......

Advertisement