Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunch in Work

• 18-01-2005 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭

Working in Kinsale at the moment and we used to get these gorgeous gourmet sandwiches in Mange Tout but that's been closed until the middle of March. So I've decided to start making my own lunch again.

The thing is I know I'll end up just making ham and cheese sandwiches every day if I'm left to my own devices so I'm wondering what you guys do in work for lunchtime.

Last week I bought some cooked chicken, tortillas, lettuce and creole spices. Microwave it for a minute and you've got some lovely creole fajita's. Of course I don't want to be eating the same thing every day either.

Anyone got any tasty lunch recipes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

Not really a recipe but spiced beef w'mayo is my favourite sambo. Try it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Ham and/or Turkey with mayonaise, corn and if possible some stuffing on brown bread. I love it, have it about 4 times a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

ok i tend to shop for work buy five days supply and use it.
    todays was zapable lasana birds eye wouldn't touch it again...
    tomorrows is buffalo motserela beef tomatoes baisl oil. with some ice berg

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Ham and/or Turkey with mayonaise, corn and if possible some stuffing on brown bread. I love it, have it about 4 times a week.

4 times a week! There's a support group for that you know ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

chicken, mayo, stuffing and ham ynom ynom ynom!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

I got the Best! Sandwich! Ever! in O'Briens and I've since been ripping it off for myself ;)

Cut a ciabatta bread in half and spread a little pesto on each side. Add a couple of sundried tomatoes on one half, and some mozzarella on the other. Toast it for about a minute and then SMOOOSH it all together. It's absolutely delicious! Not too expensive either if you buy your ingredients in Lidl/Aldi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

ou get one o those kinda bags o tuna that john west do , its the one in a tomato sauce , that on a sandwich with cheese is just yummy!
    Or else my personal fave , butter the bread with petty filous then a slice of turkey and prawn cocktail flavour walkers , sounds weird but ite georgous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I really like brown bread with Philedaphia and tomatoes.. little bit of salt.. yum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

O'Briens chicken and bacon triple decker. And an ice-cold bottle of coke.

lafortezza wrote:
    O'Briens chicken and bacon triple decker. And an ice-cold bottle of coke.

That's definitely one that Enygma will be adding to the recipe book :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Had something similar last week! Got these bacon strips that you can microwave, add chicken, mayo, lettuce, wrap in a ciabatta. Mmmmmm :)

Vibrants one sounds good. Thinking about a toasted ciabatta with some chicken, cheese, onions and peppers for later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

When I was working in Dublin a few years ago, there was a tiny little sandwich bar on Lwr Baggot St (just across from AIB) that used to make the most fab chicken tarragon sandwiches. I don't miss Dublin but God I miss those sarnies!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Right... known as Steph's famous 'Scooby Snack' ;) :

Half-baguette
    Mayo one side, Whole Grain Mustard the other
    Lettuce (crumpled, only a bit)
    Tomato (sliced)
    Onion (white or red, 2/3 slices)
    Ham
    Pastrami
    Comté Cheese (or any other strong/mature -type cheese) slices
    Gherkins (3/4 small ones, 'cocktail' type, not the sweet/sour ones)

OR (for cold days :D), known as an 'American':

Half-baguette
    Mayo both sides,
    Burger (cut in half lengthways, put in end to end)
    Fries (yes, you read that one right - puts the chips in the baguette)
    Lettuce (crumpled, only a bit)
    Grated cheese
    [Optionally onion slices]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭seveb

Hey Enygma,

why don't you catch some fish while you're out there surfing. could make your own fish burgers then instead of going to mickey d's like you usually do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Well won't need to worry about it for much longer anyway, moving jobs soon.
    Friday night seveb? Usual spot?

Ye sneaky b@stard ya :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭seveb

can't - ich bin ag obair

Advertisement