Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headphones

• 18-01-2005 2:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭

Last set got broken by accident and are non repairable, so being the optimise that I am, I'm assuming that dispite being on the waiting list I'll be at the lan so I need to buy a new set.

So anyone know any decent set's of headphones with mic, kept meaning to get one with a mic for playing multi-player games but couldn't justify it with a set of headphones worth about €30 sitting on my desk.

I've had a quick look already and to be honest most appear to be the same even though I know their not. So any views welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Get a good pair of headphones and an average mike headset.

The mike headset can be worn around your neck, and you can still have the quality headphones for sound.
    You get the best of both worlds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

SyxPak wrote:
    Get a good pair of headphones and an average mike headset.

The mike headset can be worn around your neck, and you can still have the quality headphones for sound.
    You get the best of both worlds.

It's bloody uncomfortable...but I guess it's a compromise.

I use two headphone sets, one for general use and one for teamgames. One fairly high quality one crappy with headphones...I've tried using both together but couldn't stop moving my neck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

no way man, go for a set of platronics (I bought mine in clan for 50euro, expensive u say, best investment ever for me is what I say: really confortable on the ears, plus platronics are one of the best makes around, Mic is also really good) Bought in Clan on dominic street!!

Schyniser (mis-splet) are also very good. What shops have u looked in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Schyniser == Sennheiser??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

plantronics audio 60's in argos for 32 euro, maybe less now.
    really good mic and are comfortable.
    not very good for noisey places but are still pretty good.
    but if you're looking for decent ones that will last you a while, go to alienware and get the sennheiser pc150's for ~70 euro i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

sennheiser pc 155 expensive, expensive but worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

SyxPak wrote:
    Schyniser == Sennheiser??
    thats the one :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭electrofelix

Cremo wrote:
    sennheiser pc 155 expensive, expensive but worth it.

Whats the benifit of that over the 150 asside from the USB adapter.

Specs show the headphones and mic to be of the same quality, so unless there's a better reason I think the 150 version is good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

the 155's are really only for gaming and nothing else

Advertisement