Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barry Ferguson Hands in Transfer Request

• 18-01-2005 2:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭

bit harsh on Blackburn after they paid him throughout his injury last year. Seems he prefers being a big fish in a small pond..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Typical SPL player, looks great against Kilmarnock and gets found out when he starts playing a league with more than two teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I thought he was doing well under Hughes, he's the club captain so must have been. There's a few rumours going around as to why he wants to leave, doesn't look like its football related.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Maybe Souness can buy him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

He has been playing well all season....one of Blackburns best players!! now tis is wat my bro says and he has supported them for years!!

Seems the family hasnt settled in England and thats why he wants to move back!! shame really because how will he ever progress as a player with Rangers!!! two Europe game a season if lucky!!

Him and Savage would have been a great midfield!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Typical SPL player, looks great against Kilmarnock and gets found out when he starts playing a league with more than two teams.
    I haven't been keeping tabs on Ferguson's form but even if he did fail in the Prem (which I doubt very much since he has recently been made captain), it certainly wouldn't be a typical SPL player. Larsson, Miller, Mjallby, Stubbs, Tebily, Berkovic, Riseth, Viduka, Burley, di Canio, van Hooijdonk, Cadete, Arteta, Boumsong, Amoruso, McCann, Tugay, van Bronckhorst, Reyna, Negri, Niemi, Gattuso, Cleland and Bjorklund have all moved on to the top European leagues and very few have failed. In fact, I could think of a lot more players that have came from a big league to Scotland and failed then players who have left the SPL and failed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Big Nelly wrote:
    shame really because how will he ever progress as a player with Rangers!!! two Europe game a season if lucky!!

Still, it's two more than with Blackburn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Still, it's two more than with Blackburn.

Yeah but you are playing Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle etc week in week out.......better standard than 2 European games and every so often a game against Celtic!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,314 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Apparantly, his wife is homesick and can't stand all that travel back to her folks. Those 3 hours on a motorway must really be hard to stomach especially when your hubby is getting paid a fortune!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

eirebhoy wrote:
    Miller, .

i hoe thats not referring to liam miller?!

Advertisement