Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How likely is it that Beckham will go back to Utd?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Cant see it happening and hope it doesnt happen!

He has gone downhill since he left!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

Not with Fergie in charge.

Don't think I would want him to be honest. If you could get the player of 3/4 years ago maybe.

I think the current formation would have suited him. Him Keane and Scholes behind the 3 prong attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Not a chance as long as Fergie is there .

THe only reason to take him back would be for marekting purposes. I can't see it happening .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

He'll go to Chelsea if he can hang on to his first team place. He's awfully over rated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

Sounds very much like Becks wants out of Madrid but wouldn't think United, Chelsea or Arsenal would be interested (he's good but not that good).

Would wonder if any other English teams could afford his wages...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Not sure if an english team would take him! Arsenal wouldnt anyway!! cant see Chelsea now that Jose is in charge and Alex wont back down to let him return.....Newcastle will prob try and take him or if Man City get there loans in shape they will prob try and take him!! put themselves back into disarray again

A move to Italy would seem likely!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

He is staying where he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Wouldn't really see him playing for Man City.

As someone already pointed out, he might fit suitably in to United's current set up, in the middle with Scholes and Keane, but then it would be down to a number of factors.

1. Would Ferguson have him back, perhaps some persuasion from Carlos could change his mind.

2. Would United be able to afford him, as I cannot see Real letting him go on the cheap.

3. Does he want to move.

I could see him moving back to England eventually, but more than likely not United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Why would Utd. pay so much money for somebody that only has 2-3 years* left in him? Other than for marketing reasons as has been already mentioned.

*While looking for his age I found this. Have a look at what they have down for his profession. All more reason why Fergie wouldn't take him back.

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Big Nelly wrote:
    or if Man City get there loans in shape they will prob try and take him!! put themselves back into disarray again

shhhh! don't say that too loudly!

Keegan might hear it and swap SWP for him!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Beckham has made his transfer fee back to Real in image and sponsorship deals, they got 40 odd million in gained revenue :confused:
    Wackeeem on SSP mentioned it on revisita da leega

So any move for any money would be profit kinda.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Trigger! wrote:
    Cant see it happening and hope it doesnt happen!

He has gone downhill since he left!

He hasn't, he was this bad in his last two seasons for Man U too imo.

The only reason a top class team would sign Beckham is the reason real signed him, to get money and more fans worldwide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I would honastly want him back, but wouldn't pay much money for him.

I think hes a quality player, great great passer of the ball, and he is the england captain and plays for real madrid.
    Hes not ****, whether hes overrated or not is a different story.

I'd say Fergie would take him back if he thought it would improve his team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

He is overrated because the media have him that way. He is a fantastic player and a brilliantly technical one. Anyone who calls him **** is clearly stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

cheesedude wrote:
    He is overrated because the media have him that way. He is a fantastic player and a brilliantly technical one. Anyone who calls him **** is clearly stupid.

whatever about him being **** or not(in my opinion on form he's a very good player but how often is he on form?) , he's definetly not world class .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

BaZmO* wrote:
    Why would Utd. pay so much money for somebody that only has 2-3 years* left in him? Other than for marketing reasons as has been already mentioned.

*While looking for his age I found this. Have a look at what they have down for his profession. All more reason why Fergie wouldn't take him back.

B.

why were you looking for his age :confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

d22ontour wrote:
    why were you looking for his age :confused::confused::confused:
    Doesn't the first sentence you just quoted basically tell you that? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Beckham is very overrated. Posh would be a better footballer and he's probably a better singer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

good point made there beckham is good when he is on form but when is he on form?! he is a good player but highly over rated, best position is on the right, dont see him as central midfielder at all.

i always thought he would end up at romans chelsea after madrid but now that mourinho is there i dont think he would have a place in 4-3-3. cant see fergie taking him back, fergie is too proud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Isn't his father Ted not David Edward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

I dont think Beckham is overrated. He may be one of the most publicly known players in the world, but how many people really rate him as one of the best? Not many.

He brings so much to a team, by the time he left United he was scoring about 12 a season and assisting another 12. That is **** loads for any player. He was never shy of the odd bit of work either. He would never be the type to dominate a game, but how many wingers do? He is there to score and create chances for others. He did exactly that.

I cant see him going back to United. I dont think Arsenal could afford him. Chelsea??? Well they dont have an out and out right sider. Liverpool? Im not sure if he would get in the team ahead of Garcia/Nunez ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

If he were to go back to Utd (very unlikely IMO) it would be because he has dumped his old agents, SFX (of which Ms. Loos was an employee) and Beckham could turn around to Utd and say "it was them, not me." SFX were the main instigators of the move, and I don't think Beckham wanted to move from Utd orginally, but when the marketing bods in SFX saw the dollar signs that a move to Real would bring them, as well as for Beckham, they forced his hand, but also I'm sure Beckham would've loved the prospect of playing with the dream team to make the move in the first place too. They overplayed the "boot to the eye" to the media, which lead to the fall-out between Fergie and Beckham.

The chances are slim, but if the right noises were made, who knows.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

No chance.

Advertisement