Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

calling a C++ executable from java?

Options
  • 18-01-2005 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    For my final year project, I have a java server running on a computer receiving robot direction instructions from a client. Does anyone know of any java code to call a C++ executable file? The C++ code will control and send the directions instruction to a NI-DAQ card

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭tempest

Glenman wrote:
    Hi all,
    For my final year project, I have a java server running on a computer receiving robot direction instructions from a client. Does anyone know of any java code to call a C++ executable file? The C++ code will control and send the directions instruction to a NI-DAQ card
    Runtime.getRuntime().exec(pass,my, programname, and, arguments, in, here);

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

or if you really want to show off, you could make a dll file instead of an exe and then use JNI.

http://www.inonit.com/cygwin/jni/helloWorld/ has a sample of how to do it. Might be a bit dated, but I think it has links to the latest stuff from sun

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Thanks guys, got it working
    Glenman

Advertisement