Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Model Car Club

Options
  • 18-01-2005 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Racing nitro model cars on road and off road nitro cars racing every week for further details email modelworld@eircom.net

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Mr Ben

The Galway Model Car Club has elected it's 1st committee and now is a stand alone club, our many thanks to MODELWORLD for all the hard work getting a club off the ground & getting us all together in the 1st place.

OUR OFF ROAD TRACK IS NOW OPEN AGAIN!

contact darrenhill@eircom.net for details of sunday racing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Well done.
    Nice to see a few more clubs getting it all together.
    What sort of track have you got ?
    Whereabouts in Galway are you based?
    cheers

Hi Vectra, we have a grass track approx 190m long with 3 single small jumps and a double jump :) , marked out with 100mm perforated flexible pipe & race Nitro Buggys, truggys and trucks,this track is situated at Mother Hubbards diner on the N6 between Craughwell and Oranmore on Sunday mornings meeting at 10am. We also set up an on road track on the car park for touring cars if we are racing them that week,cheers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭no leaf clover

thats sweet! next time im in that direction ill try drop in!!lol

If Are there any new drivers within travelling distance of Galway please feel free to come down to racing at Mother Hubbards Oranmore on Sunday's from 10.30am till about 2.00pm depending on weather, beginners very welcome!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

My gran lives in salt hill so I will be there some day ;) Is it a pernament track or layed on teh day? [offraod]

Off road is permanent, great if you can join us on a sunday but feel to try the track any time,

Mr Ben wrote:
    Off road is permanent, great if you can join us on a sunday but feel to try the track any time,

Have you got any pics of the track along with domensions?
    could you cater for 1/5 scale buggies/Trucks?
    :D

there has been a 1/5th scale truck using the track he seemed fine with it, it's approx 190m to drive around

Looks good.. Nice run-off area into the weeds for a soft landing.. :D

Gonna see if i can gather up a few lads in the not too distant future and give you a call some morning.( Damn.. Should've kept my Revo... :( )
    Do you have many members racing?

• Advertisement

Usually 2 races of 4 truggies/trucks and buggies. 2nd pic shows jumps better, please call up anytime

Second pic show jumps better alright.
    Jees.. you have nice weather up there this time of year.. :rolleyes:
    :D

I usualy find galway has rather ****é weather tbh..:D
    Nice to know it's nice osmetimes :p
    Im gathering you own/are alloud to use that land. If so you could get more out of it I would think
    What are those big green 'yokes'?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

vectra wrote:
    Looks good.. Nice run-off area into the weeds for a soft landing.. :D

Gonna see if i can gather up a few lads in the not too distant future and give you a call some morning.( Damn.. Should've kept my Revo... :( )
    Do you have many members racing?
    I could get a few lads aswel and make a day out of it for the laugh and you could see your old pet revo and take a drive. Might invest in one of them radios where frequancys don't get caught up, any chance of a link, i forget what there called, "spectrum" or something:confused:

Spektrum. Im grabbing a link now;)
    Very pricey and I'm sure there are better deals to be had
    http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=Category&ManufacturerID=1128&CategoryID=201025

Yeah just got it earlier, the link that is;)
    TBH I was expecting the price to be higher, that can go in "project revo 2" aswel!

Revo Mk2 :D

Plug wrote:
    Yeah just got it earlier, the link that is;)
    TBH I was expecting the price to be higher, that can go in "project revo 2" aswel!

I wouldnt be Ar$ed putting one of those in there.
    Get yourself a Sanwa Gemini 2 and you should be set all to go. ;)
    works on 40fm.

Whats this radio, linky?

Plug wrote:
    Whats this radio, linky?

Sanwa Gemini 11

They can be got cheaper on Ebay though. ;)

• Advertisement

Ah no way!:D I can't use them radio's, too big and arcrate towards the pistel grip transmitters. That other radio has no interfering problems.

Flunked wrote:
    I usualy find galway has rather ****é weather tbh..:D
    Nice to know it's nice osmetimes :p
    Im gathering you own/are alloud to use that land. If so you could get more out of it I would think
    What are those big green 'yokes'?
    Land isn't ours but we have the ok to use it, plan to use more of it this year

Plug wrote:
    That other radio has no interfering problems.

Yes it has.
    They work on a line of sight basis as far as I know.
    and
    the other thing is they work on 2.4 Ghz.. Imagine someone turning on their microwave oven as you are having fun outside with your revo and it suddenly takes a mind of its own :eek:

This is like the one I use on my 1/5th scale car.
    Acoms Technisport Hayabusa
    Now that one is 27Mhz FM
    I think my one is 40 fm
    I still cannot get to grips with it as good as the stick type.

Here you go..
    KEEP AN EYE ON THIS ONE. ;)

About the microwave thing, are you serious?:eek:

So far i think Im the only person hear who preferes the pistal ones:D

Plug wrote:
    I could get a few lads aswel and make a day out of it for the laugh and you could see your old pet revo and take a drive. Might invest in one of them radios where frequancys don't get caught up, any chance of a link, i forget what there called, "spectrum" or something:confused:
    More the merrier, if there's a crowd we best keep to a sunday , if anyones passing through any other time try the track

Plug wrote:
    About the microwave thing, are you serious?:eek:

So I am informed. ;)

Ah well there goes another idea of mine:(
    Stupid microwave ovens:mad:

Plug wrote:
    Ah well there goes another idea of mine:(
    Stupid microwave ovens:mad:

Check it out for yourself.
    This is what I was told.. I wont stake a 100% guarentee on that information.;)

I'll ask a few lads on the msuk forums they might know and if that is true I'll scrape the idea:(

• Advertisement

I think that may of been a problem on teh protypes or something... never heard a thing about microwave ovens doing the damage.
    Wireless networks work on 2.4ghz aswell

Also, I think most people who have spektrums race rather than bash so unless someone brings a portable microwave oven or something to work off there car.. I highly doubt problem there:D

Advertisement