Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bundle offer from Komplett

Options
  • 18-01-2005 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

Is this a good offer basically,im building a new system and komplaett changed the components of there bundles today, im planning on using the pc for gaming

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

what about the GFX card??? if you going to be using it for gaming the more memory the better :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

i have a 5600 256mb gfx that ill be hanging on to for now

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Reckon the Socket 939 mite be better a 3000+ is 149Euro and a mobo is 99min - ram how much ya need?

But the Bundle seems ok (mobo very cheap) take a look

whats the difference between socket939 and socket754?

Its newer and a little bit faster i think.Future proofing if there is such a thing

People say go 939 if you have the money because 939 is the future. HA they will have a new socket out in 1-2 years il put money on it.

• Advertisement

What are the disadvantages of the 939 if any, and the same question about the 754

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭SpooN_9k

socket 754 will be supported till the end of '05 and 939 through '06

its all a matter of your budget really, neither socket has any major disadvantages in your case really.

if you can afford it go with s939 as suggested by Nukem

What you folks think of this, it comes to 524 quid
    Qty Your Price Total

MSI K8M NEO-V Mainboard for S754 K8M800, SATA/ATA, LAN, ATX, SOUND, VGA

- Surcharges 0 per item will be added.Article number: 303186
    Stock status: 10 stocked 80.01 80.01

TwinMOS PC3200 DDR-DIMM 512MB CL2.5 Memory184-P (for DDR-PC400MHz)

- Surcharges 0 per item will be added.Article number: 113518
    Stock status: 100+ stocked 68.99 68.99

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 2.0 GHz Socket 754, 512 KB cache, BOXED

- Surcharges 0 per item will be added.Article number: 300492
    Stock status: 50-99 stocked 147 147

Western Digital Caviar 200GB S-ATA 8MB cache 7200RPM

- Surcharges 0 per item will be added.Article number: 123331
    Stock status: 20-49 stocked 110 110

Thermaltake Xaser Tsunami Aluminium (Without PSU)

- Surcharges 0 per item will be added.Article number: 300487
    Stock status: 10-19 stocked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Dont forget to add the price of a PSU to that little lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

I would change that motherboard personally, and go for either an MSI K8N Neo or an Abit Board (possible the KV8Pro or NF8).......

The one you picked has onboard graphics BTW (VGA), No GbLAN....

And your going to need a Power Supply, a Fortron 350w 120mm fan should do the job nicely with quite a bit of power left over (it produces 400w+ on average).

• Advertisement

thanx Col, i have a 300 watt PSU ill be using for now, thanx for the heads up on the mobo
    This should do the job nicely :D

Id say you might be dodgy with a 300w PSU especially if its a no-name or not a very good brand.

I love the Abit boards, best ive ever used.....

its the 300 watt psu im using in my system at present, have had no problems with it and its about 3 years old,you think 300 watts isnt enough juice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

How does the 64 2800+ compare to the athlon 2800+?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

bush wrote:
    How does the 64 2800+ compare to the athlon 2800+?

The A64 wee's all over it. Bear in mind you are not comparing apples with apples there.

Loki - Are there any issues with Twinmos memory and the NF8 ? (once bitten etc.)

Sorry i never gor back to you on the sockets(did but IE crashed in work and couldnt be arsed replying again) 939 = good 754 = OK -939 for future and slight performace gains.

Another note whats wit the thumping case and the ok bits.Like having a ferrari with fiesta bits inside (no offence) if i was you id check www.xcase.co.uk www.jes.de and www.pc-look.com as well. Some nice cases and bits

its the 300 watt psu im using in my system at present, have had no problems with it and its about 3 years old,you think 300 watts isnt enough juice?

TBH id say your a bit dodgy, i suppose its worth trying and see if it works but id doubt it (especially if overclocking, or its a no-name/qtec etc).

Loki - Are there any issues with Twinmos memory and the NF8 ? (once bitten etc.)

Havent been keeping as up to speed of late so i cant say for certain. I knew the NF7 like the back of my hand.....
    Chances are it would be ok, but i generally dont buy twinmos anymore (would much rather A-Data as even though its cheap it still overclocks great).

Col_Loki wrote:
    Id say you might be dodgy with a 300w PSU especially if its a no-name or not a very good brand.

I love the Abit boards, best ive ever used.....

Is this what you had in mind Col?

Yup thats the one. That'll power your system no probs and also has the newer 24pin connector should you upgrade to the S775. This PSU should also cover you nicely if you want to overclock....

Col_Loki wrote:
    Yup thats the one. That'll power your system no probs and also has the newer 24pin connector should you upgrade to the S775. This PSU should also cover you nicely if you want to overclock....

are you sure that PSU is compatible with that motherboard, have a look at this

• Advertisement

Here is the full spec sheet on that mobo- i count 20 on the high res pic.

Could be blind though :rolleyes:

sorry nukem i was referring to a mobo that was recomended earlier on this thread, this one to be precise, and also will i be able to connect the usb ports on the front of my case to this mobo?

Thats the PSU alrite, should power your rig with plenty to spare. Also has the 24pin adapter so its compatible with S775 intel chipsets.....

Whoops - sorry kink
    Anyways that mobo is fine it has a 24 pin - mobo sheet

Advertisement