Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New FAI Sponsorship deal

• 18-01-2005 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

FAI to launch major sponsorship deal

The FAI will launch a major multi million euro sponsorship agreement on Wednesday morning. Check www.fai.ie for all the details.
    Eircom are with us until 2012 and its hard to think what else could be "major" considering the 12 year Eircom deal is worth just over £1m a year and that is incuding the sponsorship of the league, etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

The more money the better!!! hopefully they will actually spend it right and get the stadium sorted!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Great, so we still won't be able to buy any Ireland jersey without an ugly corporate logo plastered across it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Great, so we still won't be able to buy any Ireland jersey without an ugly corporate logo plastered across it.

Since Eircom still have a long way to go before their contract expires maybe we'll have TWO ugly corporate logos plastered across it :eek:

I also have no confidence whatsoever that the FAI will spend the money on anything even remotely productive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

The FAI will probably mess things up and then blame someone else for their failings, as they usually do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Slash/ED wrote:
    Since Eircom still have a long way to go before their contract expires maybe we'll have TWO ugly corporate logos plastered across it :eek:

I also have no confidence whatsoever that the FAI will spend the money on anything even remotely productive.

would having 33 administration wages be classed as productive :(

i will never buy an irish shirt with eircom on it for two reasons

1st one being it looks awful (the logo)

2nd eircom ripping everyone with their shares( no i strike that anyone who invested got what they deserved they were warned they would get stung)

i will change that to their customer friendly approach (if you have a problem tough) :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Since the site was down we couldn't update this. The deal was a €10m euro 5 year deal with Umbro.

d22ontour - whats the frown in that post for? I'm delighted they've appointed 15 more members of staff, don't know why you used the word administrative though. The new recruits include 5 New Regional Development Officers, 1 Physical fitness/Sports science expert, 1 Head Tutor (Coach Education), 1 Physical fitness/Sports science expert.

i only said 33 because rte news said today that they have upped their admin staff up to 33 have a guess where the sponsorship money goes

the answer isnt grass roots football :(

the frown is because they do feck all for football in this country token gestures aside

d22ontour wrote:
    i only said 33 because rte news said today that they have upped their admin staff up to 33 have a guess where the sponsorship money goes

the answer isnt grass roots football :(

the frown is because they do feck all for football in this country token gestures aside
    RTE is wrong then.
    http://www.fai.ie/article.asp?hlid=251274&Title=FAI+to+recruit+15+additional+staff+as+part+of+Technical+Development+Plan&lid=Main+News&sub=FAI+to+recruit+15+additional+staff+as+part+of+Technical+Development+Plan&navlid=&sublid=
    The Technical Department of the FAI will now have a staff of 39, including Regional Development Officers and National Co-ordinators, directly developing the game throughout the country.
    Among the plans for 2005 are the increased participation in the sport at grassroots level, the development of an education programme to increase the number and quality of tutors, coaches and administrators and the development of a suitable structure for emerging talent.

can you tell me how much the fai has invested in grassroots football since 1988 compared to the grassroots clubs fund raising i am sure its at least ten times that government grants dont count

d22ontour wrote:
    can you tell me how much the fai has invested in grassroots football since 1988 compared to the grassroots clubs fund raising i am sure its at least ten times that government grants dont count
    can you stick , ; . ', etc. in where appropriate please? Honestly can't make out what you're saying. :) The more I read it the weirder it looks. haha, jaysus, all your posts are like that, wanna buy a keyboard?;)

Anyway, I hate the FAI.

• Advertisement

me too, but my typing skills like i care, the spelling is right it might not have capitals,commas,full stops or abbrieviations but wow school is behind me

considering you are bitching about my punctuation at least you read/reply :D

d22ontour wrote:
    me too, but my typing skills like i care, the spelling is right it might not have capitals,commas,full stops or abbrieviations but wow school is behind me

considering you are bitching about my punctuation at least you read/reply :D
    I don't think you understand that without the punctuation I can't reply to what you wrote as I don't understand what it says. Maybe after about 10 reads but I'm not going to do that. :)

eirebhoy wrote:
    I don't think you understand that without the punctuation I can't reply to what you wrote as I don't understand what it says. Maybe after about 10 reads but I'm not going to do that. :)

just for you i might insert some
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.....................;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;'''''''''''''''

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

€450,000 of the €10 million is going into the Kennedy Cup , which is Irelands premier best grassroots football competiton .(its where all the leagues send teams to compete in an U 13 and a half competiton , which starts with a group stage and then divides the teams into different competitons depending on how well they did in the group stage . In which the different competitons that the teams are sorted into have different structures , some are straight knockout out and other are round robin style group) .

Anyway this is basically the place where Proffesional British teams steal most of our good players .Its a great competiton although , and its something someone would never forget .

If anyone wants to know how all the money was spent , its on the FAI website .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Big Ears wrote:

Anyway this is basically the place where Proffesional British teams steal most of our good players .Its a great competiton although , and its something someone would never forget .

They dont steal they just ask 1st and have more to offer :(

FAI doesnt do much for grassroots and thats a really really good thing , the junior leagues have their own ruling bodies altho part of the FAI its well documented how happy and loving their relationship is.
    All the FAI need to do is keep giving them money which they actually manage to run themselves quite well without. For instance Crumlin Utd (just as an exmaple) has been running itself very well for years just by fundraising and and general sponsorship, granted they got a few quid from certain players but overall run themeselves very well at all ages.

Granted since Kerr(not just him many more likeminded people are in this setup) was given control of the youth setup he along with his team all from the junior side of football kicked the ireland youth setup into the present even tho they had some great results longterm benefits they put in place are only being seen now, with Ireland youth international teams competing on every level (cept 21s Givens is a muppet).

Ireland as a footballing nation are being moved forward by the people below the FAI setup sadly its all on the football side as the FAI are complete ****wits and prove this every single year with constant bickering and infighting and gross incompetence. We lucky there are people below them who actually care about football in this country. Afterall we hovering about the top 10 in the world on many levels.

kdjac

Big Ears wrote:
    If anyone wants to know how all the money was spent , its on the FAI website .

I can't find that, is a single cent going towards the Eircom League?

Slash/ED wrote:
    I can't find that, is a single cent going towards the Eircom League?

no .

Big Ears wrote:
    no .

Didn't think so :rolleyes:

Typical.

Slash/ED wrote:
    Didn't think so :rolleyes:

Typical.

although a good bit is going towards the youth internationals , so I suppose thats some consolation .

Advertisement