Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100 + 10 last night...

Options
  • 18-01-2005 4:44pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

God what an ugly game I had. Absolutely NOTHING went right. You know those nights where every time you call you are wrong and every time you drop a hand it turns out to be a bad decision too. I dropped K9o in early pos without a great deal of regret and the flop comes K high with a 9 on the turn and a king on the river. That sort of thing!

I was in at the end of level 1 and gone before the break. I wasnt beating myself up too much as I hit trips twice and twice got lifted out of it by a house. Both times I got away with the minimum of losses but from a 4K starting stack, that sort of thing hurts. I had lots of hands like AJs and KQs which you really aught to play or raise, that went nowhere...
    Horrible horrible evening...

So I decided to hang out and give Luke a hand waiting for the second cash table to form. When it did it looked ugly so I hung on to wait for a third. It too didnt look too great either. Meanwhile I loaned my bowtie to one of the dealers and while looking for it found 250 notes that I didnt realise I had, in my black-tie trousers.
    (I had been wondering where I'd lost that...I presumed some cash game!). Suddenly having it back made me think about NOT playing but i figured I'd have a little flutter with just 70 notes and sat into to play the cash game. Cue a terrific run of Omaha cards, suited wraps, monster draws and plenty of nuts or nut-draws. Even though I got unlucky several times in the course of the night I was up to 300 before I left plus the 200 extra I found.

Samson seemed to do well though my one grip about the 100 game is that the prizefund (while now paying down to 9 I believe) is still very top heavy.

I think I'll stick to the 50-50 for the moment, I make better return off that, the 20-in and the cash games lately.

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

Hate those nights (not the winning 300 notes in a cash game nights, but the tournie exp) but you can't say dropping K9o early or late position is a particularly bad decision. I know it came off that time, but how many times would you rue even the 100 chips you throw in! More often than not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

well done as far as the cash game goes! and for not washing your trousers! (it's great finding even a fiver, nevermind 250!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Hate those nights (not the winning 300 notes in a cash game nights, but the tournie exp) but you can't say dropping K9o early or late position is a particularly bad decision. I know it came off that time, but how many times would you rue even the 100 chips you throw in! More often than not.
    Aye, I know that dirkey but that was just an example... I had lots of times when I was well priced in for an up and down draw, got both cards, hit nothing and then couldnt call the river cos I had like, jack-high.
    Overall I actually didnt make bad calls, getting away light from both the trips finding houses was actually quite a feat on one occasion as Irene played it very well and extracted the maximum out of my very cautious play. I could easily have had a spaz attack and reraised her.
    Finding 250 and then making 200 more put me in a good mood alright.

DeV.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I had the same experience last Friday at the 50/50 game. Went out early on after the break. Sat down at a cash game and went home at 7am with €1700

Sometimes an early run of bad luck can end in a bonanza

Hyzepher

Advertisement