Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken Link

Options
  • 18-01-2005 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I am using the muppet.boards.ie sub-domain, and as you know all the links on the site are under that sub-domain, exacept one i found.. and the bottom of all the pages except the index, there's a bar going along the bottom with:

Contact Us - boards.ie - Archive - Top

The boards.ie link in that takes you to www.boards.ie without the sub-domain..

the contact us link is the same aswell..

shouldn't these not be linked with muppet.?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

No. You shouldn't be using muppet.
    That's the right answer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

em.. yeah.. ok...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Do you understand what a broken link is and how ridiculously pedantic that is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Shrimp, the muppet or pie domains put you directly onto a specific server, where as using www. balanced the load between the 2 servers. Therefore, it's better for boards.ie as a whole is you use www, as the traffic is palanced between servers.

So, in answer to your problem, this isn't a flaw, as it merely nudges you towards what you should be doing.

Raphael - Bull****ing on the internet since August 2003

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Ok guys.. i was just tryin to help if that was like an error.. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement