Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I go for this??

• 18-01-2005 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭

No fixed line or wireless in my area, should I go for this??

http://www.europeonline.com/

On the face of it it looks good, and cheap. But I'm not sure....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭bminish

ppshay wrote:
    No fixed line or wireless in my area, should I go for this??
    http://www.europeonline.com/
    On the face of it it looks good, and cheap. But I'm not sure....

It's one way Satellite, I have never used that particular provider but in general satellite Internet is pretty crap due to the latency.
    One way satellite has less latency than 2 Way satellite but it's still going to be 400msec Plus.

One way sat is not always on and will require you to use a dial up or ISDN connection for the upstream connection, this you will have to pay for in addition to the provider charges

What are your needs? for many ISDN or even Dialup may be a better choice than Satellite Internet
    Where are you? Satellite is rarely the only option
    .Brendan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

?

for starters, if you have "no fixed line", you can't use it because you need an existing internet connection to connect to the servers

secondly, if you want to do anything other than download huuuuge files and "heavy web pages", its pretty much a crock of sh1t

and don't get me started on their 1Gb cap per month

so in short, no I would not recommend you use it

Bio

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

BioHazRd wrote:
    ?

for starters, if you have "no fixed line", you can't use it because you need an existing internet connection to connect to the servers

I would guess he means no fixed line broadband. :) There aren't places in the country without phones still, are there?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

trust me its ****e!, no p2p and not really as good as you'd think

Advertisement