Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flip Phones

Options
  • 18-01-2005 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

Im not normally one to go for the latest fashion craze, but I *would* like to try out a flip phone for a change. Any recommendations?

Im looking at the Motorola v600 series, or the Motorola v3 Razor.

Comments?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Im not normally one to go for the latest fashion craze, but I *would* like to try out a flip phone for a change. Any recommendations?

Im looking at the Motorola v600 series, or the Motorola v3 Razor.

Comments?

Just some quick points:
    The V3 will cost you about e500 on billpay, do you really wanna spend that much on a phone just cos it flips!?
    The V600 is a rather old phone at this stage. Doesn't sell too well.
    Personally I wouldn't go for either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

RachG wrote:
    The V3 will cost you about e500 on billpay,

ebay my friend, ebay ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

epray is the last place id buy a fone. a v3 is £300 stg in the uk ie 450 euro without a contract. with a contract it should be 300euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Why not try the V550? It's €189 RTG and can also be unlocked now.
    Great little phone, can't fault it (except for the stupid vodafone branding)!

I'd suggest the Motorola V535 unless you're on Vodafone where I'd choose the V550. The V535 is identical but isn't branded. Its on Meteor but you could unlock it.

I have a V550 unlocked on Meteor but if I knew about the V535 I would have got that first.

• Advertisement
Advertisement