Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Licence Renewal

Options
  • 18-01-2005 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place for this but anyway..!

Our TV licence is up for renewal at the end of January but we are moving to the UK in the summer. Is it possible to buy a licence that will last a few months or do we still have to get one that will last a year? The local Post Office was unable to help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

No, you can only buy one for a year. If you don't renew it you my be able to wing it for a few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

No, you can only buy one for a year. If you don't renew it you my be able to wing it for a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Thanks for your reply.

That's typical, thought there might have been a way around it, seeing as you can choose to tax your car for a period of less than a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭rondjon

You can pay monthly via direct debit (http://www.anpost.ie/personal/personal_retail_licences.html).

So, why don't you just pay through their direct debit service and then cancel it when you leave the country?????

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

bought a tv licence at the end of december but the bloody thing has to be renewed at Nov 30 2005....so i lose over 3 weeks.....surely the bloody thing should be valid for 365 days from date of purchase! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

RuggieBear wrote:
    bought a tv licence at the end of december but the bloody thing has to be renewed at Nov 30 2005....so i lose over 3 weeks.....surely the bloody thing should be valid for 365 days from date of purchase! :eek:
    depends on when it expired. If it expired at the end of November then it doesn't matter when you renew it, it will only be valid from the time it expired because you should have had it for that time anyway, if you know what I mean.

Advertisement