Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grrrrrrr....

Options
  • 18-01-2005 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

There seems to have been a slight problem with the boards.ie/vbulletin database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Anyone else seeing more of the above than they'd like?

Mike.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

mike65 wrote:
    Anyone else seeing more of the above than they'd like?

Mike.

Yeah but all my posts seem to be going through

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah, lost a reply to it.

Ah well. How much do yis need guys? :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Yeah, been getting that with almost all edits and posts today :(

It's also causing some corruption.

This thread's index says that Virtual Nemesis was the last poster at 19.04, when there were actually two replies afterwards (mine last at 19.11).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

The post count in this thread is currently 0 ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

yeah posts are getting through, but post count seems to stay the same??

Looks like boards DB server needs to be taken offline pronto. I can't edit posts. I tried to add a line to the above post, but I couldn't change the post, yet it says that it was edited.

:/

/me pets DB

*ping*

Ah, normality seems to be returning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

here's hoping your right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Got it again, when replying to a thread, and yet the post went through ok. Cant edit posts AT ALL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

seamus wrote:
    /me pets DB
    thats some nice petting there.

I'm not.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

i put up a couple of replies in television and when looking at all the threads i am not listed as the 'last post by' even tho i am, plus when i did reply to the threads they didn't move to the top of the page:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Poor Regi...he must be getting a lot of emails

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

sigh i posted a reply on after hours.....didnt get though, tried refreshing....a box alert came up saying, a duplicate post was just posted, returned me to thread, still no post, even though im listed under 'members who posted in this thread' and the post is listed under 'all my posts' :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

I cant search either, whether its in the specific forum or thru the advanced search...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

only muppet seems to be working now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Ok- I'm quite unable to reply to PMs now, unable to edit posts, and response time from boards is totally shot (muppet isn't even responding properly- but its better than the regular www)

I guess we should all bugger off and let the poor system have a quiet night in to recover from its hangover?

Shane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

smccarrick wrote:
    Ok- I'm quite unable to reply to PMs now, unable to edit posts, and response time from boards is totally shot (muppet isn't even responding properly- but its better than the regular www)

I guess we should all bugger off and let the poor system have a quiet night in to recover from its hangover?

Shane
    So, anyone taking bets on what Clouds been playing with this time? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,415 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

There seem to have been many occurrences of downtime or database corruption in recent times. I know some people give the systems loads of TLC, but maybe the whole site should be professionally hosted with SLAs defining minimal uptime % and what not...

Ok- I'm getting posts individually by e-mail now- but when I browse back to the threads- the posts do not appear in it.
    Also thread count seems to still be stalled.
    www. appears to be working again though

unkel wrote:
    There seem to have been many occurrences of downtime or database corruption in recent times. I know some people give the systems loads of TLC, but maybe the whole site should be professionally hosted with SLAs defining minimal uptime % and what not...

Perhaps- but that costs muchos mullah......
    Maybe if everyone were a subscriber and money wasn't an object- it might be a proposal, but as is I doubt that it is- then again, I haven't a clue what the finances are like, and its easier not knowing- I have enough problems trying to balance my own books without worrying about other people's accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,415 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

smccarrick wrote:
    Perhaps- but that costs muchos mullah......

Would it? Anybody care to estimate this?

Agree I haven't a clue about boards.ie finances either. Perhaps the admins can give an overview so some less technically but maybe more commercially inclined members could provide free professional advice?

A bigger marketing drive to sell subscriptions would help in any case. I had to put in a bit of effort to enable me to hand over my money for a subscription

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

I just noticed there that there were no posts on boards for nearly five hours last night. Five hours!!!! Is that a record or something?? Or was it due to technical stuff?

I couldnt get into boards via the www address, im using muppet at the moment...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Same here-only muppet works for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

unkel wrote:
    Would it? Anybody care to estimate this?

Yes it would. For the amount of bandwidth boards uses to demand SLAs would cost them a premium. I believe it's current positioning is ideal for accessability and bandwidth.
    Agree I haven't a clue about boards.ie finances either. Perhaps the admins can give an overview so some less technically but maybe more commercially inclined members could provide free professional advice?

I believe the finance log book looks as follows:

Money in from advertising and subscriptions: Very little.
    Running costs including man hours and hardware: Alot.

Net Balance: Only someone with alotta love would keep boards alive.
    A bigger marketing drive to sell subscriptions would help in any case. I had to put in a bit of effort to enable me to hand over my money for a subscription

True but there were certain issues with subscription bonuses I believe and the admins didn't want to push subscriptions unless they can offer everything that's promised. Which again shows the honesty and dedication the admin team have to the user base.

There is another thread floating about somewhere with ideas for revenue generation that Devs looking into.

.logic.

unkel wrote:
    It *is* professionally hosted :). The problem is not at the hosting end, it's at the hardware end. And to employ someone full-time to look after 3 servers is a big undertaking....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

My signature doesnt show at the bottom of my screen. :(
    My subscribed threads dont appear in my subscribed threads list. :(
    Thats all problems i have at the mo. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

KittyKat wrote:
    My signature doesnt show at the bottom of my screen. :(

Yeah it does, if it doesn't show up on your screen it might be related to your browser, or maybe you have View Signatures turned off in your User CP.

Advertisement