Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is it, and where can it be got?

Options
  • 18-01-2005 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

For a number of years i've been trying to find out what this particular style of music is called, (although it may not even have a name.)
    It's the gothic choral type music,I think is the best way to describe it. The only examples that i know are, O Fortuna, from Carmina Burana by Carl Orff; the music from the climactic battle at the end of 'The Phantom Menace' by John Williams, a piece from the Batman score by Danny Elfman, and a piece from Marco Beltrami's score for 'Scream'. I'd love to get my hands on some more of it.
    Anyone know what this type of music called, or does it not belong to any particular genre?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Zoton

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Bits of Verdi's Requiem are like that. Don't know what you'd call it though. In a similar vein you could try track one from Einstuerzende Neubauten's Halber Mensch album.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

It doesn't really belong to any genre in particular though you'd probably find more of it in the Classical section in a record store.
    Verdi's Dies Irae from his Requiem and the Dies Irae from Mozart's Requiem are both more of the same. You could try asking for a compilation of loud choral music, I'm fairly sure I've something like that...somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Zoton

I've tried classical music shops before, and i ended up buying a cd of the medievil baebes, which is nothing like what i was looking for unfortunately :rolleyes:
    I'll keep an ear out for that verdi, thanks

Advertisement