Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cobra car alarm?

Options
  • 18-01-2005 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

anyone know where i can get a spare remote for a cobra car alarm?? i have one remote but i'd like to get a spare one,,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

Do you have a model number for the alarm? Can be found on the unit under the hood.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sohappy

seems to be just a small siern unit the hood with no model no! it's wired back through the bulkhead, must be a main unit under the dash someplace,i will have to investigate further,,,,,there is a sticker on the inside of the remote with a serial number on it, is this of any use?

If there are only 2 or 3 small black wires running into the car then you have the 3193 cobra alarm. There is also a red LED in the car which has a small push button beside it.

If that's the case then a new remote could be easily programmed to work with the existing alarm.

cheers m8

it looks like thats the one! do you know where i can get one,,how much? whats the story with a universal remote would one of them do the job?

Cobra Remote Control.

An universal one would not do the job at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Good jaysus, they're not cheap. I'll have to be careful not to lose my one...

bloody hell dat's dear! if i get a secondhand one can it be programmed in? :confused:

Yes you can

thank's 4 the help..

Advertisement