Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

greatest own goals!

• 19-01-2005 12:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭

after tonights entertainment at turf moor!

whats the best(worst) own goal of all time?

and dont anyone even think of saying roy carroll against spurs!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Roy Carroll against Spurs.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The one in Spain a few years back where the keeper threw the ball into his own net. No idea who the teams were but it's been shown hundreds of times on tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Lee Dixon scored a cracking own goal from almost the half way line a few years back. Comedy genius that fella

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

1981 FA Cup Final

Man City vs Spurs

Tommy Hutchison scored a cracker of a header in his own net. Own goal for man city. He then goes up the other end and equalised for man city... great own goal, great result....

My dad bought the bbc video a few years ago... great cup final.. 1-1 and then a 3-2 win for spurs in the replay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

Quite a few years back, Ronnie Whelan attempted a back pass to Grobbelaar, ended up lobbing him spectularly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Ian Dowies header for and against West Ham when he forgot what end he was playing in.

kdjacs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Oh my how this bought a smile to my face, I'd be laughing only Villa lost to them in the Carling Cup. But still :D

Edit*

God thats my 3000th post!!! and I don't think I could have posted a better one for the milstone

Images courtesy of The Sun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

What Ball Control ! Or should I make that a question ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Robbie Fowler scored a cracker, can't remmeber the game details but he was back in defence got the ball turned and er shot!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

Who was the leicester player who scored last minute own goals two weeks in a row a few years back? He's was a decent enough player if i remember...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I believe that was Frank Sinclair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Robert Ullathorne vs the scum, went under Gunny's legs at Portaloo Road. Heartbreaking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

kensutz wrote:
    Robert Ullathorne vs the scum, went under Gunny's legs at Portaloo Road. Heartbreaking

Lovely !!! using "the scum" to describe the more successful Ipswhich side, and you a Mod too, great example - well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

kensutz wrote:

Excuse me, Ipswich are not scum, and its Portman road. Thats a very sad post :rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

on soccer am i saw a keeper right on the goal waiting for the ball to land in his hands....it landed on his head and went into the goal!!

also in a junior soccer game, i saw a keeper kick out the ball, the wind was so strong the ball came back his direction, over his head and into the net! the game was called off soon after!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

http://www.football365.com/features/story_140802.shtml

Frank Sinclair! That's been bugging me all week.

Gary Sprake has to be #1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Don't blame it on Biscan
    Don't blame it on Hamman
    Don't blame it on Finnan
    Blame it on Traore!!

He just can't
    He just can't
    He just can't control his feet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

That signature is taking the piss.

You can add Kevin Watson / Aidan Davidson between them to that list after todays super effort!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    You can add Kevin Watson / Aidan Davidson between them to that list after todays super effort!
    I don't think either were at fault TBH. The defender passed the ball back to his keeper (as you do), as the keeper went to kick it the ball bobbled over the bumpy surface.

• Advertisement

I'd blame the keeper, should have kept his eye on the ball and he didnt really have to kick it straightaway. Either way, a great OG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

yes, he should have noticed the ball jump up, milliseconds before he kicked it.

TimAy wrote:
    yes, he should have noticed the ball jump up, milliseconds before he kicked it.

Or even looked at the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

buffon for juve over the weekend was quite a funny own goal/possible mistake.

the funniest own goal thou was the one they showed on match of the day this weekend by some guy in the non league or lower divisions who booted the ball into the roof of the net trying to clear it.

Advertisement