Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonight

• 19-01-2005 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

Tonight it was cold.
    I was supposed to go running and do some bagwork.
    But it was cold.

So I went on the net and bought a ninjitsu balck belt....TREMBLE YOU MERE MORTALS.
    I shall destroy you all - particularly you MMA heads.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭paddyc

please keep us up to date with your travels ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

Right!!! :rolleyes:

*Puts on internet bought MMA black belt and prepares for battle* :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

I smell SPAM!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

EPO_MAN wrote:
    Tonight it was cold.
    I was supposed to go running...

Fr. Eamon Horan - didn't recognise you there :D
    Must've been cold without the clergy kit on, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭EPO_MAN

Hey guys,
    I am not Fr. Horan (I know father no longer but I'm not he). Didn't know that you could purchase a bjj black belt but that's for next month paycheck.
    So much easier impressing the ladies than actually working out / suffering pain etc...

I .....ah stop it sensai I was only pulling their legs (proverbially!!) stop hittting me....martial arts world in disrepute over ninjitsu black belt purchase....alh well back to the dojo for me.

lads - it's cold again tonight but unfortunatly I've class - unable to skive this one so till next time....have fun.

guys - seriously I did come accross a guy selling ninjitsu gradings (you buy the 10 vidoes and become the master) on teh net but unfortunayely I cannot remember the site and more unfortunately I'm not making this up cos he does none of us any favours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

So if I rent 10000 Stephen Segal videos and/or DVDs I'll be a nija master too?
    I'm soooo there...

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭patjunfa

http://www.ninjutsu.com/whatwylearn.shtml

This the one? Bit fantastic. Any opinions on learning from instructional DVD's? The Gracies have their volumes, Jerry Poteet has his. Loads of it out there. Personally I think it's possible to learn a lot this way. One can get idea's, and ground them by practice. Last part is the only thing that makes it less than fantasy. Ideal way of learning is obviously a club, where you can make your mistakes, and with the help of instruction and fellow students, learn and get the feel of it. But if used correctly, I reckon you can get a lot from instructional stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

Instructional vids really improved my clinch game, but it was only one tool that helped. Having people willing to experiment and learn with you , and of course hours on the mat with different people is what develops your skill-set. As for learn-to-be-a-ninja-at-home, I'd advise you save your money.

Peace and Love Y'All,
    Colm

Advertisement